FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBeckham at LA Galaxy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beckham at LA Galaxy
    Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 4:32pm

Just watchin Sky sports there and hundreds of reporters and Sky are reporting live from LA as Beckham has his first training kick about with the LA galaxy. Would you really be that arsed watchin this?

I think I heard the reporter saying that they are showing the LA galaxy v chelsea friendly game on sky next week aswell...what the hell!

Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 4:49pm
Sky and the English media should be ashamed of themselves over this Beckham bloody mania again.  I find it all nauseating, whenever I see anything in the papers about him, I just go onto the next article.  Pathetic it is, absolutely ridiculous. 
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 6:07am
Yeah what a farce, it's not even a circus any more- it's a bloody world freak show conference

The yanks might buy into the hype initially but if LA Galaxy keep on a losing streak they'll be turned off..Yanks don't like losing teams..and if Beckham can't turn it around then the media could turn against them.

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 7:36am

have to admit i like beckham, hope he goes well over there

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 8:29am
Yeah by all accounts nobody in football has a bad word against him...and it's interesting that Fabio Capello might follow him out to America...6 months after telling him he'll never play for Madrid again..and it's also the reason Capello was sacked as he'd forced Beckham out, thus losing all those millions on the commercail side of things
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 3:49pm
I like Beckham myself Roger. I dont think he is a patch on whats he made out to be but hes got serious passion for the game and gets stuck in when he plays so cant fault him for that. Its just the usual english tabloid boll**ks that blows it up completely out of proportion. Was happy to see him win the title with Madrid as always had a soft spot for them growing up as the 2 players Hugo Sanchez and Emilio Butrgueano (whatever) were 2 of my favourites players as a nipper. At least Americans might take a bit more interest in the game with all this hype as the last time I was there I had to listen to the euro 2000 games on a black and white scrambled telly cause none of the bars had a clue what the euros were!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 1:26am
he would walk on broken glass to play for england , a few of the boys in green could take note.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 3:32am
Sorry to ruin yizzer Becks appreciation society lads, but he turned up and played in WC 2002 and Euro 2004 patently unfit (Euro 2004 was inexcusable cos he hadn't been injured), for WC 2002 he was rushed back from the broken metatarsal.  Remember him jumping out of the tackle v Brazil?  Brazil broke away and equalised.  He completely flopped in the last 3 major finals and while I admire his professionalism for the most part, the hype far outweighed the substance in my opinion.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 3:54am
LOL FW , i never said he was any good !

in fact i do think he is a fine player , obviously nowhere near the hype but he has gotten england out of some seriously sticky wickets turkey ,greece , ecuador , paraguay  , its his attitude that i admore though , he loves his football and his country.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2007 at 5:12am
That's my point Roger! If he loved his country he'd have not let himself become unfit in 2004 and then blame Real Madrid's fitness regime.  Zidane and Figo weren't out of shape for Euro 2004.  He let himself get into a the comfort zone, aided and abetted by that idiot Swede.  I'm sure he's a nice lad albeit a bit dim and how he can say playing in the Mickey Mouse League is a challenge re-inforces my opinion of his dimwittedness.  Great man for a cross/free kick, but there's more to football than that.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 1:42am
alot more to football than that but it is a serious weapon to have in your armoury FW, wonder if sky have a deal to show galaxy games ? surely they will be doing it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic