You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Duffy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

FFS. Few pints back home 6 days before a game is no harm to anyone.

Its carry on like days gone under Jack and Mick where the lads were out hitting the clubs till all hours and not being able to train the day before games that was problematic. 

Win or lose, we're on the booze!
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Shane was in Peadar O’Donnell’s bar in Derry last night ( Sunday ), still knocking back pints of Harp at closing time. Relaxation time before the Greece game on Friday.

Peadar O’Donnell’s is a great spot.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 4:22pm
f**k sake, lad should be able to have a few pints with mates a week before a game without lads rattling on him. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2023 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

f**k sake, lad should be able to have a few pints with mates a week before a game without lads rattling on him. 

Their own lives are so boring they need stories about other people in order to seen interesting.
We're decent enough..
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2023 at 4:06pm
A goal, key interceptions and timely tackles in Duffy's end-of-year highlight reel on Instagram. A reminder of his power in the tackle and underrated reading of the game. 
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 2:33pm
Norwich keeping a clean sheet today with Duffy in the heart of their defence
Corey100 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

He has been making regular appearances for Norwich this season bringing him up to 31 games in the championship but I'm afraid his time as an Ireland player is over. I can still never get over the drop off in his form and ability after Brighton blew him out, one of our biggest players who always gave 100% and our biggest goal threat from set plays, it unfortunate but its good to see the big man play on a regular basis.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 4:22pm
He was impressive today. Ipswich hardly got an attempt at goal.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Corey100 Corey100 wrote:

He has been making regular appearances for Norwich this season bringing him up to 31 games in the championship but I'm afraid his time as an Ireland player is over. I can still never get over the drop off in his form and ability after Brighton blew him out, one of our biggest players who always gave 100% and our biggest goal threat from set plays, it unfortunate but its good to see the big man play on a regular basis.

Looks like we have our new manager in place. Congratulations.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Corey100 Corey100 wrote:

Looks like we have our new manager in place. Congratulations.

Insane thing to say his career with Ireland is over yet. Just turned 32 and could play another couple of years with Ireland. 

If he continues to play and be consistent in the championship (could even get promoted with Norwich) he's a good squad member to have given his experience. 

If John O'Shea gets the gig, I don't see him casting Duffy aside so quickly from the Irish set up. 

Edited by irishmufc - 06 Apr 2024 at 5:24pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:10pm
He would only be a squad member though, for his experience. He's clearly in decline, would be hard to justify him starting ahead of O'Shea, Collins, O'Brien, Omobamidele. 

Egan to come back too. Scales too.

We should be focusing on building up the younger players.

Duffy won't get many more games for Ireland.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:34pm
We should be focusing on trying to win games. 

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 6:38pm

We should be focusing on trying to win games. 

And to do that you put your best players on the pitch.

Is Duffy a better player than anyone I mentioned?? If not, why play him??
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 7:01pm
Well O'Shea and Collins are prone to errors with O'Shea's red costing him the game today and his rash tackle led to the Swiss goal.

Collins errors are highlighted weekly and there appears to have issues again with him today.

Duffy is an old school defender and can score goals - I just wouldn't be ruling him out of anything.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 7:40pm

Well O'Shea and Collins are prone to errors with O'Shea's red costing him the game today and his rash tackle led to the Swiss goal.

Collins errors are highlighted weekly and there appears to have issues again with him today.

Duffy is an old school defender and can score goals - I just wouldn't be ruling him out of anything.

How many errors has O'Shea made this year? He's the only Burnley defender who hasn't been dropped...

Duffy, by contrast, has become very prone to errors over the past few years. Collins, O'Shea, and Omobamidele are all well ahead of him at this stage. The pining for a player who is over the hill (and who was hardly incredible to begin with) when we have 3 young Premier League centre backs to choose from is just puzzling.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2024 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

How many errors has O'Shea made this year? He's the only Burnley defender who hasn't been dropped...

Duffy, by contrast, has become very prone to errors over the past few years. Collins, O'Shea, and Omobamidele are all well ahead of him at this stage. The pining for a player who is over the hill (and who was hardly incredible to begin with) when we have 3 young Premier League centre backs to choose from is just puzzling.

He seems to get caught ball watching a lot and can be too slow to react, at least that's what I see of him. 

He's also part of one of the worst defenses in the league. He'll be back playing at the same level as Duffy in a few months anyway.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157
  Share Topic