You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRonny on his way out of United??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ronny on his way out of United??
    Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:36am
Interesting....

Don't think he will leave but he shouldnt be coming out saying such stuff - will only hype the media up about any move to Madrid

Ronaldo may consider Spanish move

Man%20Utd%20star%20Cristiano%20Ronaldo
Ronaldo's name has been linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo says he may consider his future at the club after next week's Champions League final.

The 23-year-old, who has scored 41 goals in a superb season, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

"I'm very happy here but let's see after the Champions League final what happens," Ronaldo told Spanish TV at United's training ground.

"I feel at home here. I've been here five years but the future, we'll see."

He added: "I've said a million times I'd like to play in Spain but dreaming is one thing, reality is another. I don't know."

Ronaldo collected the Football Writers' Association award on Thursday, part of a clean sweep of the English player-of-the-year prizes this season.

606: DEBATE
The Portugal international signed a contract extension last year to keep him at Old Trafford until 2012.

Speaking in January, Manchester United chief executive David Gill told Football Focus: "There's no chance of us selling him, no way, whatever the bid.

"Cristiano signed a new contract last season to 2012 and we are not a selling club."

And selling the club's leading scorer would not sit well with last week's statement from Gill outlining plans to further improve the squad over the summer.

"We will certainly be in a position where, if we can improve it, we will," Gill told MUTV.

However, Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to sign Ronaldo, with their coach Bernd Schuster describing Ronaldo as "the best player in the world" earlier this year.

On Wednesday, Miguel Angel Arroyo, Real Madrid's general director, said: "We have the solvency and the financial liquidity to be able to take on a signing of the magnitude of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It would be economically beneficial due to the merchandising that would arise from it."

Real have signed big names from United in recent seasons, with David Beckham and Ruud van Nistelrooy both moving from Old Trafford to the Bernabeu.

Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:44am
so long ronaldo! hope he goes and bring his diving crap alonside that other pri*k Reyes who left arsenal and flopped! reyesAngry
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:47am
Cant see it happening lads...

Out of context AGAIN
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:51am
correct, slow day in the newsrooms..who cares.

reyesAngryAngryAngryAngry
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 4:53am
He'll go in about 2 years, Fergie wouldn't let him go just now.  Probably join Real Madrid and win nothing.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 5:06am
He'll never have a season like this one again. From now on he'll just be a disappointment. I say sell him now before he gets fat
ryaner13 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

He'll never have a season like this one again. From now on he'll just be a disappointment. I say sell him now before he gets fat
well said HM!!
Liverpool F.C go deo..
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:12am
His mum want him to play for Real before she dies.
As with all Portuguese (and I worked with a lot of them) they will get him hitched up to a nice Portugeuse lassie, get married, and the wife will insist on moving to Spain and Ronnie will follow..........eh, a bit of the point but you get the message!
There are friendlier places to drink.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 1:14pm

I see this is from Spanish TV surprise fcukin surprise. Real acting the bollox again me thinks. Ronaldo won't be going anywhere just yet.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:42pm
id take the 100million and let him pack his bags..amazing goalscorer dont get me wrong..but in so many games this season he has done absolutely nothing and bagged 2 goals..his general play has not been as good as last season so i reckon once the goals dry up he'll be exposed..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic