You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrible news

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 6:00am
Say it ain't so, not the boy Joe!
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

no it's not. What do you mean "back to Scotland"? He was born and bred there and his parents are Scottish as they were also born there. Therefore he is entitled to play for the country of his birth.

He has never represented that country because he's Irish. Do you watch the underage matches? No, this is not a valid point as Shane Duffy captained NI and then switched allegiane to Ireland for Senior level.
The same can also be said of Ciaran Clarke.
More chance of me playing for Papua New Guinea. End of thread. ? This is possible if either your parents or grandparents were born there and you have not played for Ireland in a competitive match.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:30am
no it's not valid horsebox. he has never played for scotland, he's always played for us in the youth teams and has always wanted to play for us as a homage to his late grandad.

shane duffy has always been eligible to play for us through the GFA so he was perfectly entitled to do so not because of a parent or grandparent but because he himself was born on the island of ireland. ciaran clark never said he wouldn't play for us so you're point is invalid although you think it's not. james mccarthy said he doesn't want to play for scotland.

point is, james mccarthy will NOT play for scotland. he will be capped against norway and then go on from there and stay in the squad. he has matured as a player considerably and he will get the chance. it's laughable that levein thinks he can convince him to play for scotland. he already refused them and made his intentions clear.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:35am
lads have been trying to find out where lapira is now , any idea ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 11:50am

Joseph Lapira (born August 13, 1986, Rochester, New York) is an Irish-American soccer player currently playing for Nybergsund in the Norwegian Adeccoligaen.

From Wiki, not sure how up to date it is
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic