You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man Flu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:07pm
Currently have the worst flu I have had in 20 yrs I'd say.  Awful dose.  Have hardly slept the past 5 nights. I'd nearly think of getting the flu jab next year.  Cry

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:17pm
If you take a turn for the worst and don't survive it we''ll get Crap Senior to compose a eulogy.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

If you take a turn for the worst and don't survive it we''ll get Crap Senior to compose a eulogy.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
Started taking vitamin and iron supplements a few years ago and haven't had a flu or cold of note in that time. On occasion when working mad hours where a lack of sleep is an issue, I can feel the onset of a cold starting. I overdose on the supplements then and it fecks off once I get a good sleep. 
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Currently have the worst flu I have had in 20 yrs I'd say.  Awful dose.  Have hardly slept the past 5 nights. I'd nearly think of getting the flu jab next year.  Cry

Or 'slight case of the sniffles' as a woman might put it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Started taking vitamin and iron supplements a few years ago and haven't had a flu or cold of note in that time. On occasion when working mad hours where a lack of sleep is an issue, I can feel the onset of a cold starting. I overdose on the supplements then and it fecks off once I get a good sleep. 

I usually take a load of vitamin c and its gone after a day or two and good rest.  Dunno if the flu is getting more virulent though as been bolloxed since late Sunday night even dosing with vitamins, food and paracetemol.

These women are getting off lightly with pregnancy.  They don't know the meaning of suffering.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Pic of TJ suffering 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 11:08pm
Hey man you're breaking the bro code making fun of a Man Flu victim. You could be struck down in the prime of life too.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:31pm
Dying with a bad dose since Monday. Literally couldn't get out of bed from 8pm Monday to 3pm Wed. 4 days in now and I am in so much pain Dead.

It's been so bad that my body has reacted to it by forcing me to vomit a lot - but not all the time.

The mental torture at night is the worst.

Edited by horsebox - 05 Jan 2023 at 12:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Dying with a bad dose since Monday. Literally couldn't get out of bed from 8pm Monday to 3pm Wed. 4 days in now and I am in so much pain Dead.

It's been so bad that my body has reacted to it by forcing me to vomit a lot - but not all the time.

Are you p0rnhubbing your way through it?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 12:48pm
No, too sick for that. Can't eat either.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 1:05pm

Had similar at the start of November. Never had anything like it before really floored me for the week. 5th day before I was able to start managing proper meals again.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:03pm
had it last week. A rotten few daysDead
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Had similar at the start of November. Never had anything like it before really floored me for the week. 5th day before I was able to start managing proper meals again.

Wasn't a flu after all. It was bacterial infection in my lungs. Absolutely floored me. 8 days in bed and got some steroids yesterday and feel a new man already.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:15pm
Jaysus. Defo not what I had then
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 1:58pm
bacterial infections are a **** and dangerous too if not caught in time.  Had one in September and you know they are serious as you get bumped up in a&e if you have to go in with.  That was in limerick too.  Once dealt with they can blow ever quickly. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wasn't a flu after all. It was bacterial infection in my lungs. Absolutely floored me. 8 days in bed and got some steroids yesterday and feel a new man already.

Were you sucking on man pops?
It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic