You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Padraig Amond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Wonder if Dollery has a login?
Just to throw another name into the mix, according to his wikipedia page, Johnny Giles has 17 goals in 78 games in the FA Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Giles#Career_statistics

He tweeted about it - maybe set him right with a reply. 

Done - https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1333726682717544448

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 01 Dec 2020 at 11:02am
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:36am

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Hope Padraig breaks the FA cup scoring record.

Never heard of Barry Corr

Top 10 Irish goalscorers in FA Cup history

• 1. Robbie Keane – 12 (in 25 games)
  • 2. Jonathan Walters – 12 (28)
  • 3. Pádraig Amond – 12 (29)
  • 4. Barry Corr – 11 (21)
  • 5. Shane Long – 11 (33)
  • 6. John Aldridge – 9 (15)
  • 7. Paddy Madden – 9 (21)
  • 8. Dave Mooney – 8 (13)
  • 9. Clinton Morrison – 8 (27)
  • 10. Ronnie Whelan – 7 (38)
hmmm, that table has been removed from the article.

As has my comment LOL
Article has been completely removed now!
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:52am
I wonder did alan Kelly make the complaint 
AKA pedantic kunt
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Cousin played with Barry Corr at Southend United for a few seasons where they were quite successful and he was very good the season they got promoted via the play offs from League 2 in 2014-15.
He's a Wicklow man and the few times I met he came across as a nice fella. There was a good few Irish lads in that squad! Cian Bolger, Stephen McLaughlin, Gary Deegan and my cousin Michael Timlin.
Remember Martin O'Neill coming to watch them in an FA Cup tie v Hull City! Remember meeting him at a function a year later and speaking to him about it and he was looking at Corr (his height, build and style of play would have suited O'Neill's style of play), McLaughlin (pacy winger) as well as the 4 Irish lads in the Hull City squad (Meyler, McShane, Quinn, Brady) He told me he couldn't consider any players below the Championship.
He was very unlucky as he was a bit of a late bloomer and his injury problems started after that promotion season, hence why he came here. I think if he had stayed injury free he could have played in the Championship.  A very intelligent footballer who lead the line and helped those around him too. I rememberGerry McDonogh, who looked absolutely brutal otherwise, improving with him on the pitch as he talked to him throughout.
I met him in Aldi once(LOL ) and he seemed like a nice fella, for a Dub! I must take a trip to see him manage, when this blows over.

Did Corr come through at Man City before going down the leagues?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 12:24pm

Wonder if Dollery has a login?
Just to throw another name into the mix, according to his wikipedia page, Johnny Giles has 17 goals in 78 games in the FA Cup - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Giles#Career_statistics

He tweeted about it - maybe set him right with a reply. 

The standard of footy journalism/'analysis' in Ireland is appalling.

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:34pm
I thought Corr had started out at Man City but it does not appear on his official record.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 1:37pm
No matter what he will be forgiven but not forgotten 
AKA pedantic kunt
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:25pm
Amond has more goals in FA and League Cup over the last few years then any striker in England. He has more than Aguero and Jesus who are joint second. Some stat . 

Here it is posted back in September before his latest goal last week.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 01 Dec 2020 at 2:29pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Deco79 Deco79 wrote:

Cousin played with Barry Corr at Southend United for a few seasons where they were quite successful and he was very good the season they got promoted via the play offs from League 2 in 2014-15.
He's a Wicklow man and the few times I met he came across as a nice fella. There was a good few Irish lads in that squad! Cian Bolger, Stephen McLaughlin, Gary Deegan and my cousin Michael Timlin.
Remember Martin O'Neill coming to watch them in an FA Cup tie v Hull City! Remember meeting him at a function a year later and speaking to him about it and he was looking at Corr (his height, build and style of play would have suited O'Neill's style of play), McLaughlin (pacy winger) as well as the 4 Irish lads in the Hull City squad (Meyler, McShane, Quinn, Brady) He told me he couldn't consider any players below the Championship.
He was very unlucky as he was a bit of a late bloomer and his injury problems started after that promotion season, hence why he came here. I think if he had stayed injury free he could have played in the Championship.  A very intelligent footballer who lead the line and helped those around him too. I rememberGerry McDonogh, who looked absolutely brutal otherwise, improving with him on the pitch as he talked to him throughout.
I met him in Aldi once(LOL ) and he seemed like a nice fella, for a Dub! I must take a trip to see him manage, when this blows over.

Did Corr come through at Man City before going down the leagues?
I always thought he started at Leeds, but not sure.
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 4:00pm
Started at Leeds. I think his cousin posts on this forum!
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 4:42pm
Cult hero. Been following him since he got the move to Portugal. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:25am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:27am
Always comes across very well any time I've heard him interviewed.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any offers at home for him?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Always comes across very well any time I've heard him interviewed.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any offers at home for him?

He eas close to signing for Sligo Rovers in January. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic