Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Boyce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 2:55pm
Horsebox i know the IFA have done a good job so far in getting rid of the scum who plague Catholic players , like we have our own few fans who we"d rather not see at Republic games but sure nothings perfect...Like Northern Irish got voted the best fans in Europe a few years back if im not mistake"n which is superb...I dont tar all good supporters with the one brush as im hoping we can all mix as fans when they come down for May game with them Clap !! If i had said all Northern Irish fans are bigots or their scum i would totally openly myself for slatting but all i said was what everyone else knows that sections of the fans have an agenda when it comes to Catholics and Celtic players!!!

Moving out of Windsor Park to a central area where its not confined to a big Protestant majority area or a big Catholic majority area is the only way forward....Plus i think in modern times out of respect to both community"s two anthems should be played 1 God Save the Queen and 2 maybe something as simple as an updated version of Irelands Call but tweaking a few words to turn it into Northern Irelands Call it cant be that hard Star

Edited by Green Devil - 04 Feb 2011 at 2:57pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

n.iron View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n.iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In fairness to the IFA they have and continue to stamp out a lot of the crap that goes on - but they could do more.

They also dont have any control over people sending buttets to catholic players playing for Celtic.

It's always a step back for Northern Ireland when incidents like this happen.

Thank you very much horsebox for your respect for the IFA and the decent
fans. Who have worked so hard to stamp out the junk,
Who after all .They just want to support their team without the political crap..
Once again Thank you.
n.iron View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n.iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Horsebox i know the IFA have done a good job so far in getting rid of the scum who plague Catholic players , like we have our own few fans who we"d rather not see at Republic games but sure nothings perfect...Like Northern Irish got voted the best fans in Europe a few years back if im not mistake"n which is superb...I dont tar all good supporters with the one brush as im hoping we can all mix as fans when they come down for May game with them Clap !! If i had said all Northern Irish fans are bigots or their scum i would totally openly myself for slatting but all i said was what everyone else knows that sections of the fans have an agenda when it comes to Catholics and Celtic players!!!

Moving out of Windsor Park to a central area where its not confined to a big Protestant majority area or a big Catholic majority area is the only way forward....Plus i think in modern times out of respect to both community"s two anthems should be played 1 God Save the Queen and 2 maybe something as simple as an updated version of Irelands Call but tweaking a few words to turn it into Northern Irelands Call it cant be that hard Star
Thank goodness you finally made a decent and respectful post.
Now when it comes down to where NI play. They Rent the stadium of Linfield football club.(Oh and by the way is in south Belfast and not a loyalist stronghold) .Ok their is some loyalists neighbourhoods nothing outrageous mostly a university area.
Now for the new stadium debacle most would love one in the city .

But we also have Rugby,GAA,Football,all looking funds.LOL.
Remember Belfast,NI ,are not like other big UK cities.Basically no money.
So we have to unfortunately have to make do what we have.
Get some grants etc.
The state of the economy and what not the general public do not care about sports,And i don't blame them .After all its only a game .
Health and education first.

Apologize if offence taken.

Edited by n.iron - 04 Feb 2011 at 3:26pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by n.iron n.iron wrote:

In fairness to the IFA they have and continue to stamp out a lot of the crap that goes on - but they could do more.

They also dont have any control over people sending buttets to catholic players playing for Celtic.

Who after all .They just want to support their team without the political crap..
Once again Thank you.

You obviously didnt read my previous thread LOL

n.iron View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n.iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 4:01pm

Once again Thank you.

You obviously didnt read my previous thread LOL

so you basically don't want your friends see your nice.LOL
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:37am
I see Liam's on twitter.

http://twitter.com/WerdersNumber9

Edited by grannyrule - 08 Feb 2011 at 4:38am
The only way is up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:58pm

How the hell does moving windsor park, changing an anthem and probably changing their flag make the slighest difference to me as an irish nationalist ? there is nothing northern Ireland/IFA can do to gain my allegience I aint northern irish.

I wish people would be a bit more honest FFS, and your frequent interchanging  of catholic to mean nationalist/repiblican is lazy. Not all catholics are nationalists
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 7:02pm
Newryrep was i talking directly to you seriously your one Catholic out of what around 7 or 8 hundred thousand??? You might not see yourself as "Northern Irish" but as you"ve said not all Catholic"s are Nationalists but im sure some Catholics see themselves as Northern Irish at some point like Irish first and for most then Northern Irish 2nd if that makes sense!!!!

Well i would say a whole new start for players from every background playing in a stadium where its not in a major Protestant area would help , having an anthem like the Irish rugby team cator"s for both sidesn and it would be fair on Catholic born players born up North that might give them more of a sense of pride!!! You try telling Sammy Clingin , Pat Jennings or Martin O"Neill that when they were out on the pitch they wernt "Northern Irish" because i bet my bottom dollar they were...We"re all Irish at the end of the day North an South but others choose British and thats fine....Not every Northern Irish Catholic/Nationalist wants to play for or support the Republic of Ireland , you sir are just one of many other people (not all ) who follow Ireland so why are you ranting on??? You cant speak for every citizen in the North Ermm

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Feb 2011 at 7:07pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 7:48am

Liam Boyce is playing in the Werder Bremen reserve"s why in all honestly are we worrying if he plays for us or Northern Ireland....Yes we"re not blessed with major options coming through up front but at the end of the day its only a bonus when a player with dual nationality declare"s for us , so its the likes of Wilson , McCarthy , Clarke etc etc are the lads we need to be capping as their playing first team football in the EPL...If he wants to play for a nation where they send bullets in the post to current an ex internationals , where Catholics are still not treated as equals by all fans , where God Save The Queen is belted out every game they play and the fact they havent qualifed for sweet f**k all since 1986 id say go ahead sunny enjoy Cool

Gwan Green Devil bi.. LOL
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

How the hell does moving windsor park, changing an anthem and probably changing their flag make the slighest difference to me as an irish nationalist ? there is nothing northern Ireland/IFA can do to gain my allegience I aint northern irish. 

+1

Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Belfast Green Belfast Green wrote:

+1

+2
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 4:09pm

Newryrep was i talking directly to you seriously your one Catholic out of what around 7 or 8 hundred thousand??? You might not see yourself as "Northern Irish" but as you"ve said not all Catholic"s are Nationalists but im sure some Catholics see themselves as Northern Irish at some point like Irish first and for most then Northern Irish 2nd if that makes sense!!!!

Actually its doesnt make sense, you werent talking to me but so what . I dont see myself as northern irish as I aint, nor does any irish nationalist in the north as it a contradictory position, much like a vegatarian meat eater.

Well i would say a whole new start for players from every background playing in a stadium where its not in a major Protestant area would help , having an anthem like the Irish rugby team cator"s for both sidesn and it would be fair on Catholic born players born up North that might give them more of a sense of pride!!! You try telling Sammy Clingin , Pat Jennings or Martin O"Neill that when they were out on the pitch they wernt "Northern Irish" because i bet my bottom dollar they were...We"re all Irish at the end of the day North an South but others choose British and thats fine....Not every Northern Irish Catholic/Nationalist wants to play for or support the Republic of Ireland , you sir are just one of many other people (not all ) who follow Ireland so why are you ranting on??? You cant speak for every citizen in the North Ermm

I neither know nor care what they viewed themselves as, Irish, british, northern irish, ulster scots scots Irish or the lost tribe of Israel, it is irrevelent

You suggest the oft repeated claim that the location, anthem, flags etc is the reasons why nationalists dont support the north. Its a load of bollix and a red herring  

Why would any irish nationalist want to play for Northern Ireland ? its against their politics. Uniionists (or at least those who acknowledge they are someway Irish  view Irish nationality as a subset of being british along with Scottish and Welsh. I view Irish as being on a par with French German and not a subset of anything

Edited by Newryrep - 11 Feb 2011 at 4:11pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 4:48pm
Haha where exactly did i say the sole reasons for Catholics playing or not wanting to play for Northern Ireland was because of Windsor Park , Flags or Anthem no??? So i dont know why your having a go at me for....I said it would help so get down off your high f**kin horse!!!!!!

Why would any irish nationalist want to play for Northern Ireland? You said not every Catholic up North is an Irish Nationalist so what about McGinn , McCourt , Clingan , Boyce and Baird they all play for the North and do you personally know if their Irish Nationalists or just Catholic"s??? Or are you going to just guess that their just Catholics because they play for the North Confused Bollix if you say you do....

Ya see some people look behond "politics" an tog out for their country which is Northern Ireland because whether you see yourself as Northern Irish , Irish but born in Ulster or just British etc etc to the whole world you were born in a different country from our"s even though your fully entitled to apply for a Republic of Ireland Passport , just because you think somethings right doesnt mean everyone else does.....

Edited by Green Devil - 11 Feb 2011 at 4:57pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 5:17pm

Haha where exactly did i say the sole reasons for Catholics playing or not wanting to play for Northern Ireland was because of Windsor Park , Flags or Anthem no??? So i dont know why your having a go at me for....I said it would help so get down off your high f**kin horse!!!!!!

Why would any irish nationalist want to play for Northern Ireland? You said not every Catholic up North is an Irish Nationalist so what about McGinn , McCourt , Clingan , Boyce and Baird they all play for the North and do you personally know if their Irish Nationalists or just Catholic"s??? Or are you going to just guess that their just Catholics because they play for the North Confused Bollix if you say you do....

Ya see some people look behond "politics" an tog out for their country which is Northern Ireland because whether you see yourself as Northern Irish , Irish but born in Ulster or just British etc etc to the whole world you were born in a different country from our"s even though your fully entitled to apply for a Republic of Ireland Passport , just because you think somethings right doesnt mean everyone else does.....

do you actually read your own posts or do you just type the first thing that comes into your head

Your first paragraph is delusional, your second, I have no idea whatsoever what point you are trying to make and your third,... well as soon as the 'lets keep sport and politics separate ' argument is used when talking about international football its the equivalent to Godwins law. and as for the different country ........ aye right
n.iron View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n.iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 5:44pm

I wish people would be a bit more honest FFS, and your frequent interchanging  of catholic to mean nationalist/repiblican is lazy. Not all catholics are nationalists
You can talk to the cows come home my friend,

Simples" If I'm correct Newry is in the Northern Ireland part of the border(unfortunately).

So makes you Northern Irish .Like it or not.That's what you are ,until your dream happens .But I doubt in your life time.

Now for  your allegiance ,What a joke.You guys make me laugh.

We only want players who are proud of their birthplace not some futuristic dream.

Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 9:29pm

Ya see some people look behond "politics" an tog out for their country which is Northern Ireland because whether you see yourself as Northern Irish , Irish but born in Ulster or just British etc etc to the whole world you were born in a different country from our"s even though your fully entitled to apply for a Republic of Ireland Passport, just because you think somethings right doesnt mean everyone else does.....

do you actually read your own posts or do you just type the first thing that comes into your head

Your first paragraph is delusional, your second, I have no idea whatsoever what point you are trying to make and your third,... well as soon as the 'lets keep sport and politics separate ' argument is used when talking about international football its the equivalent to Godwins law. and as for the different country ........ aye right

A 'REPUBLIC OF IRELAND' Passport ?? Doesn't say that on mine.

Different country ? Are you sure you're not Conor Cruise O'Brien ?

'scuse us for being Irish like...

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 6:35am

You can talk to the cows come home my friend,

Simples" If I'm correct Newry is in the Northern Ireland part of the border(unfortunately).

So makes you Northern Irish .Like it or not.That's what you are ,until your dream happens .But I doubt in your life time.

Now for  your allegiance ,What a joke.You guys make me laugh.

We only want players who are proud of their birthplace not some futuristic dream.

N.iron you are obviusly a fake poster, but whats worse than that is you are a fake poster who is neither funny nor interesting. So for those reasons I dont reply to your posts. I will be continuing to ignore your posts , hope that is clear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic