Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UCD AFC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Premier Division, Fri 30th August, UCD AFC : Dundalk FC, The UCD Bowl, ko 19:45
A terrific game expected between The Students and the double holders Dundalk. The UCD squad is coming together and building on each performance. Another enjoyable football match between the current and future of SSE Airtricity League Football.

Who is expecting a terrific game? Have UCD signed 11 new players since Monday? The match Monday night was so boringly one sided, I’d say our training games are harder. 
LOL was going to say something similar when I read this earlier but didn't have the heart.

Football followers who give a sh!t about football are expecting a terrific game and looking forward.
The detail of a football match defeats your absolutist homoginous sloganism.  The back-pedallers Jarvis, Boyle and Hoare were the only players to be booked throughout the game.  So dull a game, they couldnt deal with their opponents without breaching the rules excessively.
Jarvis hurted himself with a self-inflicted injury when throwing Jay McClelland to the ground.

Friday will be a continued clash of styles.

Enjoy football.

So UCD Fan, did that game live up to your expectations? 
I don’t believe it was terrific, it was quite poor actually. Did UCD have a shot during the game? I don’t recall any, but I may have missed any while I dozed off for a while.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:13pm

I still can't figure out if he's serious or on a wind up!!

Either way I'm going but to be honest I'm not really looking forward to it!

I don’t believe it was terrific, it was quite poor actually. Did UCD have a shot during the game? I don’t recall any, but I may have missed any while I dozed off for a while.

I can't make out who you're trying to have a conversation with,  but you don't want a football conversation.  Yes, UCD had shots on and off target. As you say football bores you. You've lost interest, blaming others because youaren't interested is routine.

www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 2:24pm
Extra.ie FAI Senior Cup Quarter Final, Sligo Rovers : UCD AFC, The Showgrounds, ko 19:45 replay if scores level after 90 mins.

Another terrific match in store, all three league matches have gone in favour of Sligo.  But the first one on matchday five was a dominant possession performance from UCD but couldn't overturn a 10' minute Romeo Parkes strike.
Liam Kerrigan returns to The Showgrounds with UCD  (Jack Keaney is suspended).  Liam has scored a brace in both UCD's previous games.

All four previous FAI Senior Cup ties have gone to a replay.  There was a time in the early eighties a UCD/Sligo Cup tie was more common than an IRL/POL friendly international.
UCD run in winning the 83/84 Bulmers including coming back from 3-1 down at The Showgrounds to bring to a replay and win 5-0.  
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:23pm

I can't make out who you're trying to have a conversation with,  but you don't want a football conversation.  Yes, UCD had shots on and off target. As you say football bores you. You've lost interest, blaming others because youaren't interested is routine.

Games that are easier than training matches bore me.

Now did the game live up to your expectations?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 5:02pm

Games that are easier than training matches bore me.

Now did the game live up to your expectations?

I didn't expect Robbie Benson to come on, that was nice.  As you know UCD are Dundalk's past, present and future.  Many football followers appreciate that and in time 'spect you will as well.  With all your questions I didn't expect La Liga's inquistion but I should expect that resources of football flows away from the sport to challenge those that hate the sport.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 5:15pm
SSE Airtricity League, Premier Division, Fri 13th Sept, St Patrick's Athletic : UCD AFC, Richmond Park ko 19:45
Reported in Irish Sports pages as a "grudge match" and "FAI Cup revenge".  The sport has to put in resources to counter such adversarial misrepresentations.  The dignity of the FAI Senior Cup should be respected (some words like this).  The absolutist outcome of the cup match allowed for the cathartic absolute decision-making of sacking a fellow human being.  It was viewed as therapeutic by some not vengeful enducing.  
Saints Fans will be looking forward to welcoming former U19s Richie O'Farrell (he's all grown up).  Forward running UCD will be without suspended Jack Keaney,  knocking Saints out of EL1 spot can motivate to knock Saints out of EL2 spot.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 5:32pm
LOL
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 5:39pm
SSE Airtricity League Premier Division
Fri 11th Oct Cork City : UCD AFC, Turner's Cross ko 19:45

More Monserrat than Montenotte as The Students know it's not over 'til the fat lady sings. 
Almost unrecognisable Cork City's Daire O'Chonchubhair will lineup opposite his former team mates.

Republic of Ireland's Liam Scales continues to represent both himself and everyone else in the country.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2019 at 3:55pm
De Dodder Derby, Fri 18th Oct. UCD AFC : Shamrock Rovers, The UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

Another Dodder Derby brings a fit of giddiness over South Dublin.  The halbseason is very visible as The Students of late 2019 welcome UCD (early 2019) as well as UCD (2009), UCD (2010, 2011) and  UCD (2015).
We Are Everywhere, Where Are Youse?

Helter-skelter game expected befitting the spectrum of Beatle-mania and haircuts on display.  
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic