You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anelka is dying..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropagandhiŽ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anelka is dying..
    Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:50am
with laughter.

Chelsea star Nicolas Anelka has blasted the French Football Federation after the governing body handed him an 18-match ban for his part in Les Bleus' disastrous World Cup campaign in South Africa.

That will almost certainly mean that the 31-year-old will not be adding to his 69 caps for France again. Other players were treated less harshly, with Patrice Evra handed a five-match ban, Franck Ribery three matches and Jeremy Toulalan a one-game suspension.

Eric Abidal and the rest of the 23-man squad escaped censure, but the decision provoked disgust from Anelka.

"For me, this whole commission thing is a nonsense, a charade not to lose face," the striker told France-Soir.

"The so-called punishment has no relevance whatsoever because, for me, the French national team was an issue which ended on June 19 when I was kicked out of the training centre at Knysna.

"This is just to entertain the public, to turn the page because Laurent Blanc needs to be able to work in peace.

"These people are clowns. I am dying with laughter."

France finished bottom of their group in South Africa with just one point and one goal to their name.

Anelka was sent home after a reported half-time bust-up with coach Raymond Domenech during the game against Uruguay.

That provoked a reaction from the players who went 'on strike', refusing to train, as the campaign came crashing down around Domenech's ears.

Edited by PropagandhiŽ - 18 Aug 2010 at 7:56am
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic