Topic ClosedCousins sacked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 3:41am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

HM, are your friends paid as fairytale writers?  They do come out with some beauts all the same.

Dunno who told you that sh*te but Jeff  moved to  Southampton when he was 14 or so, the family upped sticks from palmerstown so he could legally sign.

Rarely ventured back to his old haunts and certainly didn't run around fields while his peers were in the Granite or Mucky Duck Tongue

One lad I know who was best mates with him as a kid hasn't spoken to him since he left in 1984/85 and regrets he never told young jeff a few home thruths

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

In fairness to Jeff, he was the model pro. A friend of mine told me that when Kenna was growing up, all of his mates used to to the pub and Jeff would be out running around his local park. He said that the lads used to come out of the pub and he would be still running around the park - probably a bit of an exaggeration or his mates didnt drink too much but the point is that he worked hard to get where he is. Wasnt the most gifted player but gave his all - bit like Killer.
If he can drill such determination into the Galway lads then they've got themselves a decent manager

All I can do is bow to your wisdom soccerc...

Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

HM, are your friends paid as fairytale writers?  They do come out with some beauts all the same.

Dunno who told you that sh*te but Jeff  moved to  Southampton when he was 14 or so, the family upped sticks from palmerstown so he could legally sign.

Rarely ventured back to his old haunts and certainly didn't run around fields while his peers were in the Granite or Mucky Duck Tongue

One lad I know who was best mates with him as a kid hasn't spoken to him since he left in 1984/85 and regrets he never told young jeff a few home thruths

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

In fairness to Jeff, he was the model pro. A friend of mine told me that when Kenna was growing up, all of his mates used to to the pub and Jeff would be out running around his local park. He said that the lads used to come out of the pub and he would be still running around the park - probably a bit of an exaggeration or his mates didnt drink too much but the point is that he worked hard to get where he is. Wasnt the most gifted player but gave his all - bit like Killer.
If he can drill such determination into the Galway lads then they've got themselves a decent manager

Soccerc, never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn...
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic