You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shane Long

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 2:45pm
I wouldn't rule out Shane playing another year. I don't think he has definitely said he will retire: Not the ideal way to finish a career and he might well feel he has something left to offer in helping Reading get back up. It looks already like younger players may be a big part of the rebuild so could imagine having an older head around might help. 
Might well be the case that he waits to see who the new manager is and has a chat with them before making a decision.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I wouldn't rule out Shane playing another year. I don't think he has definitely said he will retire: Not the ideal way to finish a career and he might well feel he has something left to offer in helping Reading get back up. It looks already like younger players may be a big part of the rebuild so could imagine having an older head around might help. 
Might well be the case that he waits to see who the new manager is and has a chat with them before making a decision.
His wife posted a picture on instagram of a signed Reading jersey and the messages were happy retirement etc along with a caption saying people say he has more to give but when you know you know.

Looks like he's hanging up the boots
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

His wife posted a picture on instagram of a signed Reading jersey and the messages were happy retirement etc along with a caption saying people say he has more to give but when you know you know.

Ah, right - Had missed that. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 3:22pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Ah, right - Had missed that. 
Would have thought myself that he'd have another year in hin alright 
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 4:35pm
Back home to Cork City 
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 6:53pm
officially released by reading today 
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 7:00pm
Shane Long has done the State some service. 

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 17 May 2023 at 7:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306
  Share Topic