Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jon Walters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 747576
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:14am
He's just turned himself into a joke figure because of what he predictably says on Sky etc..

He's a caricature of himself and he milks it for the $$.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:20am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

The hatred some have for Keane is borderline pathological. For someone they have probably never even met. 

From what I can see, 90% or so of people who know or have met Keane like the guy. About 10% really don't. I've never met him so don't know who is right or wrong. I would observe that he does a helluva lot of good work for no publicity nor pay for a guy who people on here seem to equate with wife beaters and other such low lifes. 

Are tou from Cark bai?
We're decent enough..
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 7:48am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's just turned himself into a joke figure because of what he predictably says on Sky etc..

Of course he does. A walking contradiction.

But it's box office and majority of viewing public love it. He's the most entertaining football figure on the TV at the moment and good luck to him if that's what the vast majority of public want. For a man that was so intense playing, it's good to see this other side of him too 

But it's a fair point above too, vast majority of people that meet him or have worked with him, tend to think he's a decent enough guy. The hatred for him by some borders on the side of madness. Ffs some muppet on here telling us all keane beat up a woman - one of the worst things I've seen be allowed post on here tbh. And for it to be allowed stay up on here is disgraceful 

Edited by Wheelo - Yesterday at 7:51am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:09am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

But it's box office and majority of viewing public love it. He's the most entertaining football figure on the TV at the moment and good luck to him if that's what the vast majority of public want. For a man that was so intense playing, it's good to see this other side of him too 

But it's a fair point above too, vast majority of people that meet him or have worked with him, tend to think he's a decent enough guy. The hatred for him by some borders on the side of madness. Ffs some muppet on here telling us all keane beat up a woman - one of the worst things I've seen be allowed post on here tbh. And for it to be allowed stay up on here is disgraceful 
      A decent guy who when told one of his players at Sunderland , Clive Clarke,  had just had a heart attack whilst out on loan at Leicester,  replied,  ' I didn't know he had a heart'. Roy later said he was glad Clive had had a heart attack according to a daily mail and Irish independent story purporting to come from an extract from Roy's book. 
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:19am
Instead of apologising for libeling someone by accusing them of beating up a woman you're just going to double down and start googling for random controversial things he's said to sell books? LOL

I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:28am
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Instead of apologising for libeling someone by accusing them of beating up a woman you're just going to double down and start googling for random controversial things he's said to sell books? LOL

I remember him saying when being told  about a Sunderland player having a heart attack , replying ' I didn't know he had a heart '. I couldn't remember the players name though,  that is why I looked it up. Even I was surprised to see the quotes that Keane was also glad the player had had a heart attack. 

Edited by longford claret - Yesterday at 8:29am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:04am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

I remember him saying when being told  about a Sunderland player having a heart attack , replying ' I didn't know he had a heart '. I couldn't remember the players name though,  that is why I looked it up. Even I was surprised to see the quotes that Keane was also glad the player had had a heart attack. 

Clive Clarke. Keane said he was glad Clarke had a heart attack as it distracted from Sunderlands terrible result on the night. A great footballer, but a nasty piece of work.
We're decent enough..
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:12am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Clive Clarke. Keane said he was glad Clarke had a heart attack as it distracted from Sunderlands terrible result on the night. A great footballer, but a nasty piece of work who didn’t beat up a girl.  

Slight edit for clarification.  
AKA pedantic kunt
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:32am

Which is shocking. I've mentioned it here before. Awful comment. Presumably though a very bad taste,  off the cuff, joke. His attack on Walters for crying on the LLS was equally very poor form.

Not really proof the guy is a reincarnation of Hitler though and, as I said, a lot of his deeds (reported and unreported) suggest he is actually a decent guy.

And as for the O Shea, yes I am from Cork. I didn't realise that disallowed me from having an opinion. Presumably Dublin posters shouldn't post about Dublin players either as they too will be too biased? 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:50am

Which is shocking. I've mentioned it here before. Awful comment. Presumably though a very bad taste,  off the cuff, joke. His attack on Walters for crying on the LLS was equally very poor form.

Not really proof the guy is a reincarnation of Hitler though and, as I said, a lot of his deeds (reported and unreported) suggest he is actually a decent guy.

And as for the O Shea, yes I am from Cork. I didn't realise that disallowed me from having an opinion. Presumably Dublin posters shouldn't post about Dublin players either as they too will be too biased? 

Here's what Clive said about it.

“He felt I crossed him and he’s one of those people who has to have the last dig. I’ll leave him to it because it’s water off a duck’s back for me. There are a lot of people who get caught up in the bullsh*t, but I’ll leave them to it. He got petty but I just laugh at it now.”

If it doesn't bother him, I'm not sure why Joe Blow on a forum is simping so much over it, but that's the way of the world I guess. I know people who know the Miller family in Cork very well and can confirm they think the world of Roy and appreciate his (unpublicised) gestures in the aftermath of Liam's passing. Roy made similarly acerbic comments about Liam's professionalism at Sunderland but he, too, somehow managed to get over it.

I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:00pm

If they're incapable of giving an objective view on things related to Dublin, then yes their opinion should be ignored. I've yet to come across a Cork person who can be objective on anything related to Cork, and Keane seems to epitomise that quirk.
We're decent enough..
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

The O'Shea, Fitz and Razzmatazaz walked into a bar. There's a joke in there somewhere..

Not if you’re the one delivering the punchline, seemingly LOL
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:25pm

And instead of admitting what’s obviously true, you’re going to double down and tell us what a lovely bloke he is. His comments about Jon Walters being upset on TV about the death of his brother by suicide say it all about Keane - even when a man was mourning his brother Keane couldn’t help but twist the knife. That’s real low sh*t. He has a good word for very, very few. A nasty, vindictive, petty and bitter man. 

Edited by Fitz - Yesterday at 1:36pm
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

0818 715 815

500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

And instead of admitting what’s obviously true, you’re going to double down and tell us what a lovely bloke he is. His comments about Jon Walters being upset on TV about the death of his brother by suicide say it all about Keane - even when a man was mourning his brother Keane couldn’t help but twist the knife. That’s real low sh*t. He has a good word for very, very few. A nasty, vindictive, petty and bitter man. 

I find using stuff like this for points scoring and tit-for-tat retribution rather strange TBH but maybe that's just me. Clarke didn't have a problem with Keane's comments about him and loads of other lads have fallen out with him and made up. Feigning offense on the behalf of other people over stuff that doesn't concern them whatsoever. Don't get it. For over 20 years some Ireland fans have been using anything they can as ammunition for their personal dislike of Keane over Saipan. It precedes the Walters comments.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

I find using stuff like this for points scoring and tit-for-tat retribution rather strange TBH but maybe that's just me. Clarke didn't have a problem with Keane's comments about him and loads of other lads have fallen out with him and made up. Feigning offense on the behalf of other people over stuff that doesn't concern them whatsoever. Don't get it. For over 20 years some Ireland fans have been using anything they can as ammunition for their personal dislike of Keane over Saipan. It precedes the Walters comments.

I’ve never made any secret of that fact that I can’t stand the ****.
I’ve zero interest in, as you put it, “points scoring and tit-for-tat retribution” because I don’t care if people disagree with my opinion of him (some do; plenty don’t). And, FTR, identifying/discussing sh*t behaviour doesn’t equate to “feigning offence”. What I do find strange, though, is people like yourself - obviously fans of the man as a player (fair enough) - seemingly being wholly unwilling or unable to accept the fact that he clearly has many negative traits and engages in very toxic behaviour. You used the word “simping” in relation to other posters on here; if anything, though, it’s you who’s doing that, with your staunch defence of the man. Maybe none of his behaviour bothers you, and again that’s fine, but quit trying to paint him as some kind of saint because quite obviously he’s far from it. 

Edited by Fitz - Yesterday at 2:14pm
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:47pm
If they're incapable of giving an objective view on things related to Dublin, then yes their opinion should be ignored. I've yet to come across a Cork person who can be objective on anything related to Cork, and Keane seems to epitomise that quirk.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, there's a blatant bias at play here alright The O Shea, but to see it you are going to have to look in a mirror.

Absolutely daft comment.  My own posts about Cork players on here down through the years would be exhibit A in disproving this nonsense.

Edited by rebelbrowser - Yesterday at 5:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 747576
  Share Topic