You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup Final: Holland v Spain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Any thoughts on the game Sono?? LOL

LOL

consistant sono Clap

Sponsored Links

Tash Kent View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tash Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 7:51am

Well done Spain best team in the tournament won for me and a victory for football.ClapClapClap

Philip Greene RTE Radio Legend
10 Seconds Gone Here In Limerick And No Score.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:19am
It was not boring to me. Clearly, when the tournaments two best defensive teams end up in the final, goals were going to be at a premium and I'm not just saying this because I backed each half to be 0-0, with Spain to win 1-0 aet, either.

To those of you who were a little underwhelmed and bored, I'd like to remind you that goal scoring is not exclusively what the game is all about.
Once again the Spanish were magnificent, despite been thwarted mostly unfairly, by the Dutch. That they still tried to play attractive football and go forward and try to create chances, despite this menace (and not get angry at such brutal tactics) made them truly worthy winners.
The Dutch should have more that just one player sent off last night.

Arguably, the Germans were the most attractive team not to win the tournament, but overall for once the best team won the cup.
PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

It was not boring to me. Clearly, when the tournaments two best defensive teams end up in the final, goals were going to be at a premium and I'm not just saying this because I backed each half to be 0-0, with Spain to win 1-0 aet, either.

To those of you who were a little underwhelmed and bored, I'd like to remind you that goal scoring is not exclusively what the game is all about.
Once again the Spanish were magnificent, despite been thwarted mostly unfairly, by the Dutch. That they still tried to play attractive football and go forward and try to create chances, despite this menace (and not get angry at such brutal tactics) made them truly worthy winners.
The Dutch should have more that just one player sent off last night.

Arguably, the Germans were the most attractive team not to win the tournament, but overall for once the best team won the cup.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 2:39pm
AKA pedantic kunt
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8812484.stm

Fair play to Cruyff, calling a spade a spade
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 5:57pm
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 7:08pm
Nutjob LOL
Out of order
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic