You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Irish economy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 8:21pm
There was definitely an impact during the first lockdown but the second one hasn't affected it at all. A good sign generally as there is still good sentiment /confidence but not good for buyers that demand will increase so much 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Mad stat today that there were more mortgage approvals in November since they started keeping records in 2011.

Stemming from people being able to save more during the pandemic. But because there has still been f**k all built, supply dwindles while demand sky rocket
I heard that alright. It's total mortgages so includes everyone that is moving and also those doing extensions, it's a great sign alright.

I've seen it at work that mortgges weren't really affected by this crisis. The main people affected by this crisis (tourism workers, bar staff, shop assistants) weren't the type buying houses. Most of those on PUP were under 30

There was a lot of people still working during the lockdown when there job had actually closed....childcare workers,hairdressers etc so these people were still earning and getting the PUP payment...goes along way to helping to get the deposit up.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:23am

There was definitely an impact during the first lockdown but the second one hasn't affected it at all. A good sign generally as there is still good sentiment /confidence but not good for buyers that demand will increase so much 

I wonder if geographical demand will change with people working from home and the view that our ways of working have changed forever. No doubt Daft will have a report out soon enough.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I wonder if geographical demand will change with people working from home and the view that our ways of working have changed forever. No doubt Daft will have a report out soon enough.

It’s definitely happening in London.
A lot of people are realising their small flats/houses don’t really work when one or both parents are working from home.

Big demand for houses just outside.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 9:49am
Is that approved mortgages in principle though?

How many will be able to actually get a suitable house though for what they were approved I wonder? One thing being approved but still a long way to go to being able to find somewhere, win the bidding war and actually draw down
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:11am
It's approval, not drawdowns, which is why it will have a massive impact on demand.

RE Geographical spread, I think so. We are seeing plenty of evidence of it here. People coming from Dublin, Galway, Sligo etc to work from home. Both renting and buying. Could be great for smaller towns and villages around the country. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 11:19am

It's approval, not drawdowns, which is why it will have a massive impact on demand.

RE Geographical spread, I think so. We are seeing plenty of evidence of it here. People coming from Dublin, Galway, Sligo etc to work from home. Both renting and buying. Could be great for smaller towns and villages around the country. 
Yep a real game changer for small towns Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic