You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Arry - We over rate Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Arry - We over rate Brazil
    Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 8:48am
Holy jayzus!!Confused

"Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp believes that Brazil are “over-rated” and claims that England will never have a better shot at World Cup glory."

Brazil Are Over-Rated And England Have A Great Opportunity To Win The World Cup - Tottenham Boss Harry Redknapp - Goal.com

Spurs manager believes some Brazil stars wouldn't cut it in England...
By Anthony Sciarrino
Jun 18, 2010 1:41:00 AM

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp believes that Brazil are “over-rated” and claims that England will never have a better shot at World Cup glory.

Brazil are considered the favourites to lift their sixth World Cup trophy after Spain’s surprising loss against Switzerland in their tournament opener.

However, Redknapp reckons that England have just as good a chance to win the World Cup in South Africa.

“We're never going to get a better opportunity [to win the World Cup]. We’ve got good players, this is our time, and this is our chance.” Redknapp told talkSPORT.

“I remember the 1970 World Cup where you looked at Brazil in the first round and thought: ‘oh, my God'. You’ve never seen football like it. It was incredible.

“England had a great side that year. The Germans were strong that year. But if you look at it [the 2010 World Cup] you go: ‘hang on, who is playing well?’

The Spurs boss thinks that some of Brazil’s star players are not good enough to succeed in the Premier League and that the squad is talked of too fondly.

“We over-rate Brazil. We all think Brazil are so fantastic. But Elano couldn’t cut it in England. Robinho at Manchester City, they dropped him in the end.

“Gilberto [Silva] was a great player at Arsenal, but Arsene Wenger felt it was time to move him on. Gilberto, the former Tottenham left-back, is in the squad. I think he played two games at Tottenham.

“We sometimes over-rate these people and I think we’ve got as good a group as anybody and it’s a great chance for us.”
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 8:49am
LOL 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Jun 2010 at 8:50am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 8:50am
Tit
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 9:01am
Take the wrong medication today 'Arry!!
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 9:51am
nob end
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 10:02am
next England manager
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 3:22pm
Potato head
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 3:32pm
mup pet
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 3:33pm
Speaks volumes about English footballs hype
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 4:38pm
I think he's right to an extent about Brazil but totally wrong about England but then again too many people who should know better always get England wrong.  People bang on about England "under-achieving" but where's the evidence that they ever threatened to achieve since 1966 apart from 1990?

1970, beaten in QF by Germans after being 2 up and Ramsey taking off Bobby Charlton and some other key player in order to "keep" them fresh for the semi.

1974, didn't qualify
1978, didn't qualify
1982, out in 2nd group stage after two 0-0 draws with Spain and Germany
1986, beaten (deservedly despite Diego's handball) in QF by Argies
1990, semis, beaten on pens by Germans
1994, didn't qualify
1998, beaten by Argies on pens in (I think) last 16
2002, beaten by Brazil in QF (when Becks jumped out of a tackle for the equaliser)
2006, beaten by Portugal on pens in QF

So where's the evidence that they've "under-achieved"?

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 6:44pm
I usually have a lot of time for 'Arry but he's talking complete sh1te there.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 4:50am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

I think he's right to an extent about Brazil but totally wrong about England but then again too many people who should know better always get England wrong.  People bang on about England "under-achieving" but where's the evidence that they ever threatened to achieve since 1966 apart from 1990?

1970, beaten in QF by Germans after being 2 up and Ramsey taking off Bobby Charlton and some other key player in order to "keep" them fresh for the semi.

1974, didn't qualify
1978, didn't qualify
1982, out in 2nd group stage after two 0-0 draws with Spain and Germany
1986, beaten (deservedly despite Diego's handball) in QF by Argies
1990, semis, beaten on pens by Germans
1994, didn't qualify
1998, beaten by Argies on pens in (I think) last 16
2002, beaten by Brazil in QF (when Becks jumped out of a tackle for the equaliser)
2006, beaten by Portugal on pens in QF

So where's the evidence that they've "under-achieved"?

Their European championship record is just as bad if not worse.  Their record is shocking when compared to other major nations wrt finals/winners. Holland Spain France Italy all significantly better records Germany record for the same period is streets ahead of England
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 7:13am

This is where all the English hype comes from and you've got his son on Sky over-hyping england all season !

this is coming from a gut that signed Crouch twice !!
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:44am
Can't stand that twitchy spiv, or that w##kstain son of his, media luvvies
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic