You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conor Hourihane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798081
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Playing in League 1 isn’t a blocker to the international team at the moment, so regular football will be at the forefront of Hourihane’s mind.

It's not but hopefully we will move away from that unless they are important to our squad. If for some tragedy Jason Knight is play L1 football next season I'd still call him up as he is a key player.  Hourihane however is far from indispensable. 
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:03pm
James Collins scored 19 goals from open play in 44 games in his last season at League One level, averaging 1 in 2.3 games. He scored 19 goals from open play in 114 games at Championship level, averaging 1 in 6 games.

I said he struggled to adjust to Championship level. The fact that he scored less than half as many goals at Championship level as he did at League One level, the fact that Luton made the playoffs the season he left, and the fact Cardiff rose up the table in the second half of the season when he barely made squads would seem to prove that incontrovertibly. 

Been through Will Keane's goalscoring record at Championship level many times. Something like 1 in 10 games.

Suffice to say, nothing I said was a slight towards them. Collins is a proven player at League One level and could have a similar impact to Keane in a team chasing promotion.

It staggers belief that anyone with a sound mind would take issue with any of that.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

James Collins scored 19 goals from open play in 44 games in his last season at League One level, averaging 1 in 2.3 games. He scored 19 goals from open play in 114 games at Championship level, averaging 1 in 6 games.

I said he struggled to adjust to Championship level. The fact that he scored less than half as many goals at Championship level as he did at League One level, the fact that Luton made the playoffs the season he left, and the fact Cardiff rose up the table in the second half of the season when he barely made squads would seem to prove that incontrovertibly. 

Been through Will Keane's goalscoring record at Championship level many times. Something like 1 in 10 games.

Suffice to say, nothing I said was a slight towards them. Collins is a proven player at League One level and could have a similar impact to Keane in a team chasing promotion.

It staggers belief that anyone with a sound mind would take issue with any of that.

24 goals in his first two Championship seasons. Put it in your pipe and smoke it chief, because there's no amount of statistical gymnastics that can change it in order to satiate your desire to sh*t on him purely due to his birthplace Thumbs Up
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:32pm

LOL

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 Jul 2022 at 1:45pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Playing in League 1 isn’t a blocker to the international team at the moment, so regular football will be at the forefront of Hourihane’s mind.

I think we're pretty much at the point where it is. If you look at the Irish players in League 1 next season as things stand the only one who would definitely be in an Ireland squad is Knight, and he'll have moved on by the end of the transfer window.

The others, like Horgan, Curtis etc have all been cut already and Hourihane will probably go the same way now.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2022 at 2:16pm
If he was playing for Real Madrid I wouldn't have him in the team
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 4:37pm
Scores for Derby vs Wycombe 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Scores for Derby vs Wycombe 

And again. Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 7:52pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2023 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

McGoldrick, Knight and Hourihane combining superbly for the latter's goal today.

The future’s bright!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 1:41pm
Fair play to him, he has made the EFL League One, Team of the Season. Noticeable how few Irish names there are in the lineups, but he has done his bit. He's on a two year deal, but maybe if they make the play-offs he might be back in the Championship.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 5:59pm
Very debatable whether he merits inclusion. Yes he has 7 goals 10 assists at a rate of one goal involvement per every 200 minutes played, but Azaz with 8 goals, 7 assists has had a goal involvement every 130 minutes. Mandroiu with 6G, 4A has one every 160 minutes. Throw in that Hourihane is playing for the pre-season favourites for the title, who are now struggling to even make the play offs.

How McGoldrick with 22G and 5A and a rate of one goal involvement per 90 played didnt get in the Team of the Season is a mystery. He was easily Derby's most influential player over the course of the season also.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 798081
  Share Topic