Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wim Koevermans, good article....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Looks like he's off to manger India national team
Got a evenings coaching with him a few years back ,nice bloke
Noel King and John Devine in line to replace him

Obviously a nice pay packet involved.
Deal includes 4 sacks of pilau rice a week
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:47pm
Well that was half a million well spent eh...
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fair play to him and I totally agree with him. I was cyclingn through St Annes park yesterday and there was an U10s game on and I watched it for about 15 minutes and I it was depressing watching it.  

Parents shouting get rid of it, ball was in the air all the time, players struggling to trap the ball as it boucned up in the air, Not one player was trying to get it down and I felt sorry for the poor kids, how could they enjoy playing that rubbish. 

Thats always been the way , get rid  of it, rush rush rush,run yer bolix off, no confidence on the ball, Yer man who  owns Red Bull here has pumped loads of € into the kids set up,some difference to see them knock the ball about between the back 4 and keep possession.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:48pm

Looks like he's off to manger India national team
Got a evenings coaching with him a few years back ,nice bloke
Noel King and John Devine in line to replace him

Obviously a nice pay packet involved.
Deal includes 4 sacks of pilau rice a week

LOL If naan bread is also involved he'd be mad to turn it down.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fair play to him and I totally agree with him. I was cyclingn through St Annes park yesterday and there was an U10s game on and I watched it for about 15 minutes and I it was depressing watching it.  

Parents shouting get rid of it, ball was in the air all the time, players struggling to trap the ball as it boucned up in the air, Not one player was trying to get it down and I felt sorry for the poor kids, how could they enjoy playing that rubbish. 

Thats always been the way , get rid  of it, rush rush rush,run yer bolix off, no confidence on the ball, Yer man who  owns Red Bull here has pumped loads of € into the kids set up,some difference to see them knock the ball about between the back 4 and keep possession.

The way it should be done, but not the way it is done. We paid him 250,000 a year to say this and move on? T'riffic

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:03pm
During his reign the Irish girls got to 2 major finals u17 euro,WC
Mens u19 euros
He get any credit for that?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:19pm
Still have 90% of our leagues playing 11 a side at U11, 12, 13, 14. For a quarter of a million a year, I don't think the above is anywhere near enough. What we need sorted is our 6-10s, not U17s or U19s. While it's a good achievement.
He was technical director and we still have no technical program for our kids here... 1 training night a week for emerging talents.

During his reign he was never in Mayo either. I've met the guy once, in Dublin, at some sh*te presentation before the Women's National League. And it was exactly that, sh*te.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Still have 90% of our leagues playing 11 a side at U11, 12, 13, 14. For a quarter of a million a year, I don't think the above is anywhere near enough. What we need sorted is our 6-10s, not U17s or U19s. While it's a good achievement.
He was technical director and we still have no technical program for our kids here... 1 training night a week for emerging talents.

During his reign he was never in Mayo either. I've met the guy once, in Dublin, at some sh*te presentation before the Women's National League. And it was exactly that, sh*te.
Do the FAI have enough power over the leagues?
There are 3 schoolboy leagues in Dublin
2 of them will be doing 3v3 and 5v5 next season-SDLF and NDFL
the biggest of them all DDSL wont be,they hate change in there
FAI should have commanding power to instruct all leagues to make the necessary changes
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 3:29pm

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Do the FAI have enough power over the leagues?
There are 3 schoolboy leagues in Dublin
2 of them will be doing 3v3 and 5v5 next season-SDLF and NDFL
the biggest of them all DDSL wont be,they hate change in there
FAI should have commanding power to instruct all leagues to make the necessary changes

Power or not there should have been an effort. Him saying it in an article is nowhere near enough. He should have been personally going round to leagues educating them as to why small sided games are better. The Mayo Schoolboys and Youths League Sect or Chairman have never met this man, and that is nowhere even close to good enough. We are exactly where we were 10 years ago.

Agree with your last point that that should be able to tell leagues what format to be playing. Huge changes in the FA this week too, great step forward for them but we will be 10 years behind as usual.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 6:50pm
The FA in England just voted yesterday to make small sided games compulsary in every league.
Starts with 5v5 and then goes up to 9v9 for under 12. I think long term they plan to have reduced numbers up to u16 like most of europe. They are also making the league campaigns shorter and going to work really hard on parents.
As everyone knows for years we've been behind Europe on technical skills but with Scotland and England going this way to and they being where most of our top players end up we will be even further behind. The FAI really need to get a hold on this and start implementing a proper plan for young players. I've only coached one season myself but it is amazing how players can improve when encouraged to.
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by Cr�ost�ir �g Cr�ost�ir �g wrote:

Summary?
this time next year we will be playing like holland

LOL. I like this summary a lot more.
garretjoseph View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garretjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 7:51pm
Just to add a bit to this....

It took Jurgen Klinsmann roughly a year to get the USA to buy into his program of high temp, fast paced, free flowing passing and it finally paid off in a rather 5-1 thrashing of Scotland this past week. If they do well tonight against Brazil then the comment about us playing like Holland in a year - could very well be possible if the right man was in charge. The USA had some ugly results in Klinsmans first few games in charge but it looks like he found the right mix of players for his strategy and the results/goals showed that. This could be all bollox if Brazil destroy them though.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by garretjoseph garretjoseph wrote:

Originally posted by Cr�ost�ir �g Cr�ost�ir �g wrote:

Summary?
this time next year we will be playing like holland

LOL. I like this summary a lot more.
the funny thing is we do play like holland, holland under van marwijk  are dull as ditchwater
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:15pm
Maybe we are dull as ditchwater (at home anyway) as you say Citizen.  IMO we are far better to watch away from home and are a completely different animal.  Anyway its a results business and over the past 4 years we have consistently got results under Trap.

What are you saying? go back to playing expansive football as Stan tried to do and get schooled 5-2 away in Cyprus or need an injury time winner in San Marino. Ah sure we may get beaten by a lesser nation but as long as we are doing it in style.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 1:44pm

Maybe we are dull as ditchwater (at home anyway) as you say Citizen.  IMO we are far better to watch away from home and are a completely different animal.  Anyway its a results business and over the past 4 years we have consistently got results under Trap.

What are you saying? go back to playing expansive football as Stan tried to do and get schooled 5-2 away in Cyprus or need an injury time winner in San Marino. Ah sure we may get beaten by a lesser nation but as long as we are doing it in style.
not having a go, just being completely honest. Im perfectly happy with the fact we play boring effective football, it got us to the euros, so you are barking up the wrong tree chief.

We are setup the exact same way away from home, we just have more opportunity to counter-attack as the opposition will tend to be more positive on home soil, leaving themselves more open.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic