Topic ClosedBrian Kerr on the US trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brian Kerr on the US trip
    Posted: 25 May 2007 at 8:40am
Heard Brian Kerr briefly talking on TV3 last night......he was a bit sceptical of the status of these games being full internationals, he reckoned the FAI shoulda classed them as B games, given the make up of our squad.........I'm not sure I agree with him (even though I've alot of time for him still), it wasn't The Gaffer's fault so many decided to pull out and given the way the boys put it in the other night, they earned their cap a bit more than some previous recipients.  Any views chaps??  Brian still seems to me to be quite bitter towards the FAI, I suppose with good reason.
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 8:48am
yeah saw that on TV3. Quite funny aswell as he was having a pop at the fai for not calling it a B international as they were looking just to make a few quid out of the Irish Americans who wouldnt have gone if it was anything else but.  Yeah he was saying that he knew a good few of them and didnt really rate them but then just turned back on the fai. Its not like him to have a go at players to the media but I think he just did the interview so he could get a few pops in on the merrion square boys.
Yeah happy enough with the result but its a bit of a 'so what' as only hunt really will make the euro qualifier squad as non of the others I dont think will be near it. Even some of the guys that stood out still have a long way to go to even get called up again. With regards to the Denmark match, with hopefully the experienced senior squad around I don tthink well see any of these players involved (except for doyle, kilbane and hunt obviously) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic