You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Westminster election in the north

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:03am
put that in your pipe and smoke it Ritchie and the rest of those SDLP clampits!!
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:03am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Recount finished. Sinn Fein take seat by 4 votes. Recount has been refused.

Get in!

Good stuff, didn't realise that they could refuse a recount Big%20smile
This time next year........
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:05am
Great result.
It's a walk-off!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:12am

largest party in the north on total votes - can you read that Jim Allister??

LOL

anyone see the wee coont on last nite and Noel Thompson asked him about the security alert in Derry and he said - i do believe u mean londonderry, (londondewwy he ponounces it tho)

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:15am
Regardless of seats McGuinness muts be one of the favourites for the first minister's job now!
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

Regardless of seats McGuinness muts be one of the favourites for the first minister's job now!
Won't be as clearcut as it's being made out; given the results last night TUV will take one seat, and the UUP haven't made any significant gains. It's up to Sinn Féin to take seats off the sdlp, although that's a cert I think after their poor showing last night.

Well done the people of Fermanagh and South Tyrone, Clap

PS Allister last night was a disgrace, he was asked the other week by a journalist where he was campaigning tomorrow and he said "we're destined for Derry", hypocritical bigoted ****
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:51am
Massive result for Gildernew and the Nationalist people of Fermanagh/South Tyrone.

Daz View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Iris Robinson Iris Robinson wrote:

Dazzy wazzy dont say that. Once youve had a once over with me youll want to be an irisman not an irishmanHeart

I wouldnt stick my knob in fanta and i wont stick in you   
YBIG - Where everyone is a fooking expert :)
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:51pm
Thought Gildernew had a chance then discounted it when it was pointed out that 9 outa 10 SDLP voters had to switchApprove only half did so either the unionists never came out or they have declined significantly

Definetaely didnt see the robinson resultLOL
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:48pm
Came across an interesting stat that said based on the total votes received that Labour and the Cúntservatives 
only needed an  average of 33,000 or so votes to win a seat but the Lib Dems needed around 120,000 which is completely fcuked up Confused. Clegg would be an idiot to sign up to any agreement with Cameron that didn't have electoral reform guaranteed in it.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 08 May 2010 at 3:51pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Came across an interesting stat that said based on the total votes received that Labour and the Cúntservatives 
only needed an  average of 33,000 or so votes to win a seat but the Lib Dems needed around 120,000 which is completely fcuked up Confused. Clegg would be an idiot to sign up to any agreement with Cameron that didn't have electoral reform guaranteed in it.
I do agree entirely with electoral reform for Britain; FPTP belongs in the 19th century (along with the conservatives), although it really isn't an issue 'amongst the people', because they're use to what they've got. Also, 'electoral reform' is very vague; Lib Dems want PR, Labour want AV. PR might be fairer, but it would completely destroy the constituency based system, which I think is important as it gives people a directly accountable representative they can go to with issues (granted I'm sure the % of people that actually do this is small, but its an issue of principle). AV would be good for keeping the Tories out, but it wouldn't make that much difference overall, have a look here at what BBC reckon the different voting systems would have meant in 2005.

But I do agree that Clegg would be stupid for going into coalition with the Tories, he will alienate some of his own MPs, as well as potential support. I think there will be another election before the end of the year (the bookies agree), the Tories will be going for the majority because nobody else can afford to fight another election, Labour are nearly skint! They'd be going for the jugular! 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:08pm

Rodney Connor to challenge Election Result

A unionist candidate who lost the Fermanagh-South Tyrone seat in the UK general election earlier this month by just four votes has launched a judicial challenge to the result.

Unionist Unity candidate Rodney Connor has asked the Belfast Election Court to review the outcome of the vote.

Sinn Féin's Michelle Gildernew was elected to the seat after three recounts.

After the first count, only eight votes separated the independent unionist candidate and the Sinn Féin minister, sparking a re-count at 3am.

After three recounts - the first giving Mrs Gildernew the edge by ten votes, then two and finally four - the tightest of contests was declared for Sinn Féin.

Ms Gildernew said it was a legal matter between Mr Connor and the Electoral Office.

'As far as I am concerned the people of Fermanagh and South Tyrone have spoken and returned me as their MP,' she said.

'That is democracy and in the first past the post system that means the person with the most votes is returned as the winner.

'I appreciate Mr Connor may find that hard to accept but that is the rules we were all playing by.'

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0527/ukelection.html 

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:15pm
You can't blame him to be honest, anyone would on such a narrow margin, especially given that each recount produced different results as far as I'm aware; same thing happened in 2001. I think it's made easier given that Michelle hasn't been sworn in yet at Westminster, not that she's planning on any time soon! Hope the election court show them the door swiftly enough!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic