You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fooking car hire companies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 8:42am
Making up for lost revenue
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 3:49pm
Some boyos these companies.  Over in Orlando and rented a car. Brought it back on time (1 hour early) and get home and am billed for being 1 hour late.  Literally 2 hours later than I dropped it back in reality.

Luckily used my debit card in the terminal to buy food at the time they claimed I dropped it back so had proof for the bank and got a charge back. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Some boyos these companies.  Over in Orlando and rented a car. Brought it back on time (1 hour early) and get home and am billed for being 1 hour late.  Literally 2 hours later than I dropped it back in reality.

Luckily used my debit card in the terminal to buy food at the time they claimed I dropped it back so had proof for the bank and got a charge back. 
see if you used cash like you recently did in manchester you'd be bollixed! the digital world ain't all bad TJ Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

see if you used cash like you recently did in manchester you'd be bollixed! the digital world ain't all bad TJ Big smile

LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 5:53pm

Luckily used my debit card in the terminal to buy food at the time they claimed I dropped it back so had proof for the LOLbank and got a charge back. 
LOL

I have no problem with technology as long as its convenient!  Juat dont give me QR codes instead of menus and give me the option of cash or card!

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:29pm

Luckily used my debit card in the terminal to buy food at the time they claimed I dropped it back so had proof for the LOLbank and got a charge back. 
LOL

I have no problem with technology as long as its convenient!  Juat dont give me QR codes instead of menus and give me the option of cash or card!
LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:24pm
Was watching Prime Time there and this came up.  Googled Edinburgh there as was tinking of heading there for a few days.  5 days car rental ranges from 2000-20,000.  No joking.  20 focking grand!  Are they havin a giraffe!

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:39pm

Was watching Prime Time there and this came up.  Googled Edinburgh there as was tinking of heading there for a few days.  5 days car rental ranges from 2000-20,000.  No joking.  20 focking grand!  Are they havin a giraffe!
same sh*t happening in Ireland. Tourists will say f**k it and won't come.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 6:43pm
Dunno why anywan would rent a car on holidays. Too much hassle. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Needed one for 4 days in August in the UK as we are moving about a good bit and staying in the sticks , now tried most Hire places and still found it expensive but Ryan Airs arm  was the cheapest Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:20pm

This the 1st year that I've not got a car. Would always be out spinning around the place in them.

The last 5 times I've been ripped off too - and they have creative ways of ripping you off.

I looked at the prices and they are through the roof.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:52pm

Depends where you are and what you want to do

Nice to be on your own schedule etc

Be a disaster arriving into Ireland to see the sights and being reliant on public transport. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:56pm
Taxi and local public transport for me all the way
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:22am

Exactly. Plus 20 min after getting to Dublin airport right up until the morning after I get home I'll probably be over the limit anyway.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:45am

Taxi and local public transport for me all the way

Have you ever tried getting to Baltimore in West Cork by public transport?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Exactly. Plus 20 min after getting to Dublin airport right up until the morning after I get home I'll probably be over the limit anyway.
Yeah rules out the airport pints,makes zero sense🤔
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 3:18pm

Driving on holidays cancels out all pints. Only nerds go driving visiting old sh*t on their holidays. Skulling cervesas and checking out fine things with my mirrored aviators on down the beach is the way to go.
Chips don't bounce
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Driving on holidays cancels out all pints. Only nerds go driving visiting old sh*t on their holidays. Skulling cervesas and checking out fine things with my mirrored aviators on down the beach is the way to go.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic