FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMilan vs the reds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Milan vs the reds
    Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:40am
Think Milan will do the business tonight. If they play like they did against united it should be a walk in the park. However liverpool might bring them down to their level and sneek the win and football wont be the winner on the night. If liverpool win the cup I think the champions leagues huge appeal will dimish to the neutral as how can the european champions get beaten by teams like Fulham week in week out! Mee-lan for the win!
Sponsored Links

TheodoreBagwell View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:00am
If they play like they did against the mancs?
United never turned up that night and Milan were given the freedom to do what they wanted.
This is the same Milan team who struggled to get past Celtic and who finished well off the pace in Serie a
Liverpool to win 1-0
Teddy's Home
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:59am
Yes but United and Celtic in my opinion are much more accomplished footballing sides than Liverpool. United have better players and play better football while celtic strengths are hassling teams, getting behind the ball and taking advantage of set pieces. Liverpool dont have any of this, they just have one player who is exceptional and carries the team and thats Steve Gerrard. If he doesnt playw ell tonight the whole team are nothing. Mee-lan to win 2-0
Jimmy 2 Times View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:18pm
thought liverpool were unlucky. Inzaghi was muck, did nothing all game and then slots in the winner. Thought zeden should have been taken off after 5 minutes as he just cant cross the ball (same all season!) carragher looked absolutely knackered after about 2 mins. Crouch should have come on earlier as milan were sitting deep so the long ball would have been better than having pace doin f* all up front. Macherano played well, thought alonso was poor beside him. Only players that stood out were pennant and gerard. Wasnt a great game, didnt have the passion of the previous final. Milan wanted the revenge more and they got it. cant see how benitez can call that a successful season?

thought liverpool were unlucky. Inzaghi was muck, did nothing all game and then slots in the winner. Thought zeden should have been taken off after 5 minutes as he just cant cross the ball (same all season!) carragher looked absolutely knackered after about 2 mins. Crouch should have come on earlier as milan were sitting deep so the long ball would have been better than having pace doin f* all up front. Macherano played well, thought alonso was poor beside him. Only players that stood out were pennant and gerard. Wasnt a great game, didnt have the passion of the previous final. Milan wanted the revenge more and they got it. cant see how benitez can call that a successful season?
Ah Shadaapa You Face!

Ah Shadaapa You Face!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:56pm
Strange sorta game, Liverpool controlled alot of it without creating a whole lot in terms of chances, Milan played well within themselves.  I think the pitch was sh*te as well, players couldn't get the ball out of their feet when they were running with it (Kaka/Gerrard it happened to them a few times).  Inzaghi never does fark all but he'll get you a goal and if that's all he does, well fair play.  You gotta admire Maldini at 39, what a professional, what a player, Milan are retiring the No 3 shirt when he finishes. I'm pleased for him above anyone, remarkable player, remarkable man.  I'd say Bellamy's in fierce humour tonight.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:04am
yeah he some boy all right, serious respect towards the lad. was it 8 or 9 finals now and 5 winners medals, unbelievable stuff.
Yeah great stuff about bellamy, absolute scumbag. I had friends over at the semi finals and they all got photos with team players in aldos bar after the match. he was the only one who said no thanks maybe later, what a dickhead! all the other lads were great and had big cheesy smiles for the camera
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:24am
Liverpool the better side, first goal hand ball.
Ref should of played another minute at the end, but thats all football
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 1:42pm

I had to laugh, I really like Rafa and he doesn't blame others the way Fergie/José/Wenger do, but even when Rafa was getting his medal off Platini, he couldn't resist pointing at his watch again, I just thought that was brilliant!

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:50am
yeah he wasnt happy. In fairness you'd probably do the same yourself. Just reading an article today and found out dirk kuyt hadnt scored any champions league matches this season! thats a bad decision by rafa starting him ahead of crouch or bellamy then. Still though they didnt deserve it anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic