You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taylor Swift Or Miley Cyrus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Picked up many a ticket there back in the day when they were sold out elsewhere.  As those tickets are registered as sold on the system.  

Great spot for picking up tickets. You have probably now ruined it Paulie 😀😀 

It's grand. Most people here would be too frightened to go into the Sound Cellar
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 1:47pm
God, I practically lived in Sound Cellar at one time. Great shop.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 9:47am
Literally couldn't give tickets away for Taylor Swift in Croker last time she was here. We got dozens of freebies through the GAA club. Mad the difference in demand now.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 9:54am
I hear Taylor Swift's songs are all about happy long lasting relationships.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 10:31am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Literally couldn't give tickets away for Taylor Swift in Croker last time she was here. We got dozens of freebies through the GAA club. Mad the difference in demand now.
I was only thinking this earlier, thousands of tickets given in to hospitals for staff, GAA clubs etc and it still wasn’t full now there’s ticket “packages” for €700+ LOL
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I was only thinking this earlier, thousands of tickets given in to hospitals for staff, GAA clubs etc and it still wasn’t full now there’s ticket “packages” for €700+ LOL

She's released 4 albums since then and we now have the TikTok generation, so maybe her influence has grown.

Anti-Hero was on the radio non-stop for weeks this year.

Plus, everyone seems to be concert/festival mad since Covid eased over the past 18 months.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 11:55am
I don't listen to radio at all so I don't know any of her songs. I'll try Antihero now out of curiousity.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I don't listen to radio at all so I don't know any of her songs. I'll try Antihero now out of curiousity.

I don't like her music, but it's actually a good song.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 12:08pm
That was a lot better than I expected. Young kids could be listening to much worse. When her voice is layered over to create a harmony it reminds me of Wilson Phillips if anyone remembers them. Anyway, I found an acoustic version of the song that has made it on to my Spotify list
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 1:05pm
According to my daughter - she has 18 hours of songs.

That's approx 270 songs if they are 4 mins.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 2:47pm
I'm okay with Taylor Swift, writes most of her own stuff, seems a proper artist. Better that selling 3 nights than some One Direction type
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 2:55pm
I get the impression lot of ones buying tickets are just doing it to make money as they immediately put them in resale sites 

Not sure what can be done to stop 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic