Topic ClosedGer Rowe

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ger Rowe
    Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 4:26am
FFS Ger, what's the story??  Very talented player but a bit to learn clearly.......

Shamrock Rovers have removed want-away striker Ger Rowe from the transfer list after the player declined all formal offers from interested clubs.

In a statement released by the Dublin club on Thursday night, Rovers chairman Jonathan Roche said: 'Despite the fact that Ger told us he doesn't want to play for Shamrock Rovers anymore and is willing to go 'anywhere', he has rejected every opportunity to leave.

'This series of events puts the club in an invidious position, but we have no option other than removing his name from the transfer list.'

Shamrock Rovers manager Pat Sculy added: 'The most disappointing aspect is that the player tried to force the club to release him on a free transfer.

'Ger's behaviour and disrespect towards the club and also to the board has made it near as nigh-on impossible for him to be involved in the first team squad again.

'Ger signed a new, three-year contract last July and Shamrock Rovers is a very professional football club. We honour all our contracts.'

'But the player also has to honour that contract until we receive an offer that we're happy with. In the meantime the player will be training with underage teams.

Scully added: 'The perception may be that Shamrock Rovers doesn't have as much money as some clubs, but we will not be bullied by any football club or any player.'

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 5:41am

Seems like a bit of a looper. Deserves to be training with the youths - fair play Scully

The Rovers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 6:57am
Was very disappointed when i heard rowe wanted to leave but after hearing all that, what the f**k is goin on, sounds like looper alrite, good enough for him training with the youths. He should know better than to mess around with scully
ernesto guevara View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 3:50pm
Ger Rowe is now a Seagull, we'll take all the loopers we can get, 3 teams relagated this year we need everyone we can get.
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 3:58pm
It's all about setting your sights high there EG!

Will Delaney be a big loss?

Edited by GerKeano - 28 Feb 2008 at 3:59pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 4:41pm
Rowe's an excellent player Ernesto, it's a shame the way it all ended at Rovers. I reckon he'll do well for yiz.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 9:49am
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

It's all about setting your sights high there EG!

Will Delaney be a big loss?

Huge loss in my opinion Ger,We havn't got much hight in the squad and he was a great target man for corners and set-pieces.Was shocked when he signed for us last season anyway, defo could do a job for one of the big Dublin clubs.
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 9:51am

Rowe's an excellent player Ernesto, it's a shame the way it all ended at Rovers. I reckon he'll do well for yiz.

I hope your right Freewheeler, with him having played already with Myler hopefully they can settle in quick.fingers crossed.

Edited by ernesto guevara - 29 Feb 2008 at 9:52am
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008 at 7:10am

Seems like a bit of a looper. Deserves to be training with the youths - fair play Scully

What tripe are you talking.

Scully trains Tallaght IT aswelll ...ridiculous
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count