You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs houghton on a loser?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is houghton on a loser?
    Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 7:16pm
Is his association with the farcical 'search" for an irish manager putting a small stain on his "legend" tag?
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 7:39pm
The proof will be in the pudding of an Irish Manager...
..personally his commentating is doing his legend tag more damage
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:02am
Ah lads, he'll always be a legend, Stuttgart and Giants Stadium don't get eroded just cos of this farcial Manager chase.......no chance.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Prendy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:16am
Razor with me is a strange one - a legend for stuttgart and giants as stated, and a top player

But...........punditry wise he is in my opinion quite poor, on the radio almost every other day in England on talksport and as i stated recently rarely talks about ireland if ever - i know not many in england are bothered about that but he could at least give ireland a mention or keep people up to date with the process

Townsend is the same on talksport - sounds almost an england fan at times such is his knowledge and debating capacity on them - maybe they both just know what the public in england want and are clever enough to be grabbing the money on offer to them. 

Also on Razor,  i have never fully forgiven him for his performance on baddiel on skinner where they ripped the piss out of the irish - some of it was quite funny but at the time to me he had been out of the game for a while and looked desperate for the cash - check it out on you tube 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 5:50am

Never had a problem with the youtube sketch to be honest, though he did look a bit ridiculous, I still thought it was good though, we rip the p*ss out of England when they struggle, so we have to accept a bit of pee taking as well to be fair.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Prendy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 6:08am

Most of it was good natured to be fair, and Frank Skinner is brilliant, but thought terrorist thing was a bit strong at the time - but the fact razor went along with it shows he has a gsoh

hopefully one that he wont be using by appointing a joke of a manager for us
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 8:48am

Houghton is a loser and talks utter sh1te on The Premership..the fact that John Delaney appointed this clown ( so what he scored a couple of goals to get Ireland wins against England and Italy and was a good playing servant so was Stan FFS) just shows that clowns stick together...I press mute on the TV everytime he goes to open his mouth now as a rule..basically I don't like Houghton and currently it's a tough call for me who I despise more Houghton or Delaney AngryAngryAngry They also both have sh1te haircuts

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 8:54am
thats pure garbage justice and billybunter , houghton is an utter legend and no amoutn of muck talk on the telly can take that away , even if he was involved in the appointment of a complete and utter gombeen to the ireland job , he is now and will forever be a legend for his caps , goals and service .

Wash yeer mouths out with soap.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 10:18am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

thats pure garbage justice and billybunter , houghton is an utter legend and no amoutn of muck talk on the telly can take that away , even if he was involved in the appointment of a complete and utter gombeen to the ireland job , he is now and will forever be a legend for his caps , goals and service .

Wash yeer mouths out with soap.
Obviously you don't have to sit through The Premership on Saturday evenings on RTE 2 Roger...cas otherwise you'd have the mute button at hand.. I did acknowledge his playing services but that's in the past..OJ Simpson was a legend once as well you know.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

[QUOTE=RogerMilla]OJ Simpson was a legend once as well you know.

Excellent comparison Justice: A sh*t commentator and a double murderer.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 10:34am
LOL..twas the best I could think of at short notice Bob..very busy with actual work these days
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic