You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does Paul O Connell think of football

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Paul O Connell think of football
    Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 6:46pm
Went for a few pint with a mate of mine from Limerick tonight.
This man is football mad , yet hangs around with a gang of lads who play for Garryowen, Young Munster (i think).
Anyway, his best mate plays for one of these rugby teams, and he arranged to meet him yesterday, his friend asked him along foor a bit of grub somewhere, where he found himself going to dinner with Paul O connell.

As he said himself ' it was such a waste, cause it was me'

anyway durin the meal he asked him what he thought about soccer.

O Connells reply was that he was  up for that france match but he cant like the game the way he used to because of the 'amount of players that dont care whether they win or lose'

with curiosity my friend asked what do you mean?
fukin delighted that he would talk ball

he went on to explain that when Clive Woodward went on to work with Southampton, after winnin the Rugby World Cup with England, he brought along a girl, who orgainised everything with the lions, and England and some other rugby club (i dont know)

as O Connell said, she was the type of women, where you would leave your suitcase in Ireland and it would be there in every hotel you stayed in in the world.

anyway, she had to quit cause she souldnt work with the amount of lads who just woldnt turn up for training at Southampton,
it was constant, sh*t and the manager(who was on million) could only fine them whiich meant nothing.
she thought it might just be at southampton but found out that that was the standard all over
' didnt matter whether lads were at training, the gafer had signed them, what could he do' and sher there wasnt much expectation anyway

Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:36am
Gave up reading when Clive Woodward's name appeared..........I don't think you could say any of the Irish players didn't care this most recent campaign.......
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 5:42am
agreed FW. I think there are certain players who don't care, generally not Irish though. We are very passionate when it comes to all our sports it must be said. I can see where he would be coming from, you get the bling bling young players who think they have made it before they have.
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2009 at 6:06am
you deff could see how much it meant to the Irish legends in Paris alright
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic