Topic ClosedAll Ireland League and Cash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Ireland League and Cash
    Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 12:48pm
Fintan Drury can go ahead and try to get this going but if you dont get the crowds ur screwed and Im afraid you just wont get the crowds...end of Fintan
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2008 at 3:21pm
Quite right Billy, pie in the sky. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 4:15am
lads why wouldnt you get the crowds ? surely you would get even more interest in these clashes ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 7:24am
Roger, there just isn't the culture of going to LOI matches anymore in this country.  You'll always just have the hardcore of LOI fans and some of the bigger clashes sometimes swell the gates to respectable, but the vast majority of soccer fans in this country just don't rate the LOI as an entertainment and just don't bother.  It's sad but it's fact and the Prem League now thanks to Sky has just completely won over most soccer fans in this country.  My own attendance at Rovers has improved again the last 18 months/2 years and will even more so with Tallaght finally getting finished, but even though gates have increased (according to Delaney), it will still struggle.  Even that wonderful 4 in a Row Hoops team in the 80s couldn't attract the crowds they deserved, they played wonderful football but Irish people stayed away.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 7:36am
FW in my opinion the only way to get fellas to EL games is to get them playing better in europe consistently , i think an AIL would help this
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 9:20am
On the entertainment thing, I was at Anfield about 6 times and bar the Chelsea semi final, the other five, for entertainment, were poor.

I was at many Rovers games last season where there was better entertainmenbt value - and it was only a short drive to get there
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 11:14am
Exactly, you'll see entertaining games and sh*t games no matter what league. I think All Ireland league should happen, might generate little more interest from general public and bigger tv deals etc. I do agree with what freewheeler says but dont think we should just give up. In sayin that not one thing is going to improve things, alot more has to be done, especially improving facilites and better stadiums. Its sh*t seeing teams qualifying for europe and then some of them have to play at different grounds, drogheda bein a prime example in recent years, already at a disadvantage havin to travel to dublin to play theyre home ties.
The Rovers View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 11:15am
Exactly, you'll see entertaining games and sh*t games no matter what league. I think All Ireland league should happen, might generate little more interest from general public and bigger tv deals etc. I do agree with what freewheeler says but dont think we should just give up. In sayin that not one thing is going to improve things, alot more has to be done, especially improving facilites and better stadiums. Its sh*t seeing teams qualifying for europe and then some of them have to play at different grounds, drogheda bein a prime example in recent years, already at a disadvantage havin to travel to dublin to play theyre home ties.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 12:47pm
Fair points, ever more cynical I'm getting with the ageing process.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2008 at 1:41pm

doesn't look like this is a goer now, quotes from both associations in the papers are against the idea..pity

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 6:36am
Originally posted by GerKeano GerKeano wrote:

On the entertainment thing, I was at Anfield about 6 times and bar the Chelsea semi final, the other five, for entertainment, were poor.

I was at many Rovers games last season where there was better entertainmenbt value - and it was only a short drive to get there

Short drive yeah ok..

Rovers are sh*t and there is no way there was any entertainment value unless there was loads of naked ladies on the pitch for 90mins
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2008 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

doesn't look like this is a goer now, quotes from both associations in the papers are against the idea..pity

Like I said Bob..lads are out of their mind if they thought this would happen and be successful ...sh*t Kilkenny had only 100 people going to their games.. I wouldnt go to see Kilkenny and cant blame the people in Kilkenny either

Edited by Billy O'Toole - 20 Jan 2008 at 6:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic