Topic ClosedHurrah for Ray Houghton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurrah for Ray Houghton
    Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 10:09am
Razor proves he's going to do his job properly

He told the Irish Sun: “We’re pleased there are some good names out there because it shows we’re going in the right direction. I know the money involved probably helps because with bonuses it will be a good figure for someone to take on the job.

“But we want somebody whose attitude towards Ireland is positive and not just a final hurrah pay-wise. Whoever gets it has to be committed.”

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Sponsored Links

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 10:14am
So I guess El Tel and the rest are out of it, eh?
There are friendlier places to drink.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 1:17pm
Whatever happened to Hodgson? Does his role with Inter Milan rule him out
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:07pm
Hodgson isn't under contract with Inter,he has stated that he could leave and would be happy to leave that post if the Irish job came his way.

Irish Indo this morning said that the 4 names that houghton,given and howe have on there shortlist are Ron Atkinson,Gerard Houlier, Tel Venebles and Glenn Hoddle, they claimed that this had been leaked to them and on asking the FAI was it true they refused to comment.

Unfookinbelievable if this is true.............
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by ernesto guevara ernesto guevara wrote:

Hodgson isn't under contract with Inter,he has stated that he could leave and would be happy to leave that post if the Irish job came his way.

Irish Indo this morning said that the 4 names that houghton,given and howe have on there shortlist are Ron Atkinson,Gerard Houlier, Tel Venebles and Glenn Hoddle, they claimed that this had been leaked to them and on asking the FAI was it true they refused to comment.

Thats just appaling. At first, i thought Atkinson's name had been mentioned as a joke. I honestly didnt believe that even the FAI could stoop that low, but they've really outdone themselves this time. I'm seriously considering printing out the blurb about Roy Hodgson off wikipedia and sending it to Dublin, because if they'd actuctally heard of him then surely they'd be doing all they can to convience him to take the job.
Simply, not good enough.

Edited by stiofain - 20 Dec 2007 at 2:20pm
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:28pm
The thing with these muppets is, is how long do they expect a manager like Hodgson to wait around,its only a matter of time before he gets pissed off and tells them to go fu*k themseleves, Can they not see that he is the only decent option out there.The man should not be asked to do an interview, his record speaks for its self, they should just ring him and tell him they want him and wont take no for an anser.
the FAI need to show some respect to him and most of all show some respect to the fans,this is now well beyond a fu*kin jokeAngry
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:30pm
well said ernesto. i'd laugh at this whole sorry episode if it wasnt so f**king pathetic. 
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:42pm
Not putting any credence to what the papers say, if Hodgson is still an option then the 3 amigos will suss him out 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:47pm
Cheers Stiofain,Its just frightning having these lunatics controlling the process of finding our new national manager,This is such a huge appiontment as it could well be make or break for years to come depending on who they pick,and when names like Ron Atkinson are been put down on a short-list it fills me full of fear that I and we wont get to see our country in a major championship for years to come.
At least with Hodgson his track record tells you he has an excellent chance of getting us to the places we want to go.He is the only one that I feel would not be a gamble yet the FAI think Ron Atkinson is possibly the way forward and favoured ahead of him. Scarey fu*kin Scarey.

Edited by ernesto guevara - 20 Dec 2007 at 2:48pm
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Not putting any credence to what the papers say, if Hodgson is still an option then the 3 amigos will suss him out 

I hope and pray your right Bob Hoskins
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ernesto guevara ernesto guevara wrote:

You read that in today's Indo? Ouch Must have been a special one off edition.

The story was a kite flown by  some news hack in the Oirish Sun a few days ago and this was my reply to an earlier thread on the subject

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

You will probably laugh at this

Gerard Houlier
Terry Venebles
Glenn Hoddle
Ron Atkinson

These are the 4 candidates left and one will get the job

I can thankfully confirm this to be the biggest load of bollox, paper rarely refuses ink.

Brady I understand is out of the race along with Souness.

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 2:38am
i am glad brady is out and souness can take the scotland job without any tears from me
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 4:21am
am i the only one not convinced by hodgson at all..what the foock has he done in fairness...! did well with the swiss, nearly qualified with finland, patchy club record, passionlesss mercenary...nah this lad would only be after the bunts for his pension fund!
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Catman View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 4:41am
I don't believe anything written in the Indo anymore. Not even the weather

The sequence now is, should he miss this, and Ireland's next penalty is scored, then the match and the progress are Ireland's....Timofte against Bonner..
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 5:02am
sure that supposed shortlist was in the sun the other day...a load of bollllixxx..big ron ffs

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 5:07am
I reckon o leary's odds will go right down now cause he was talking about it to the media again. I'm not taking any notice of this anymore as no-one seems to have a clue whats going on! (hopefully the 3 man committee doErmm)
drogs_rule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 5:49am
Seems like the 3 man committee are uncharacteristic of the FAI .. they appear to be keeping their cards close to their chest, and if there are no facts to print then the meejia will print whatever fairy tales they can.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 5:50am
in fairness its gragging on so much now, its becoming ridiculous!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic