Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andy Reid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 515253
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:28pm
Can he still play? It isn’t as if he was ever quick and at least he can pass!
Sponsored Links

cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm
Reid only won 29 caps? jesus. 

Good appointment.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Good appointment.

ya when i heard this i though wow only 29. what a waste of a good talent.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Good appointment.

ya when i heard this i though wow only 29. what a waste of a good talent.

Trap exiled him sure. A good 4-5 years of International football missed. Albeit, he was too creative to play in a Trap team. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Fair play to Elmo.

#jobsfortheboys
Genuine Q; Do we have many fully qualified coaches who are being stepped over for a role like this?
I know the cost of the licences is excessive in Ireland so I'm wondering what the talent pool is like. 
Someone like Andy Reid is pretty young and will have had plenty of access to elite level coaching in the relatively recent past. His name might strike a cord with the players (or their aul fellas) too which could help. 
Firstly a lot of coaches dont bother applying for A and Pro licence courses as they know they wont get on the course because Robbie Keane gets fast-tracked and Michel Salgado etc gets his cock sucked by the FAI PR dept.

Secondly those FAI coaches who do have the above qualifications get overlooked for the big jobs by the big names like Keane and Duff etc. Duff was only assistant to our u15s manager Jason Donohue who is also a coaching tutor. Look who gets the big job. Who is the better coach ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Trap exiled him sure. 
This is true, he was granted asylum by KFC.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm
Have to say, reading Andy Reid's views on the game in his column or listening when he's on the radio wouldn't fill me with confidence but willing to wait and see.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Have to say, reading Andy Reid's views on the game in his column or listening when he's on the radio wouldn't fill me with confidence but willing to wait and see.

And he thought Martin O'Neill was a good appointment by Forest !
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Fair play to Elmo.

#jobsfortheboys

Genuine Q; Do we have many fully qualified coaches who are being stepped over for a role like this?
I know the cost of the licences is excessive in Ireland so I'm wondering what the talent pool is like. 
Someone like Andy Reid is pretty young and will have had plenty of access to elite level coaching in the relatively recent past. His name might strike a cord with the players (or their aul fellas) too which could help. 

I was of this opinion too but I heard Ian Morris on LOI Weekly a few weeks ago saying that costs of goinf to clubs, academies, etc on the continent are covered under the costs and he reckoned it evened itself out in comparison to the cost of doing it with different federations.

I'm not sure how true that is, but I'm just going off what he said.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
Andy is back at Nottingham Forest as an U23 coach.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:02am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 515253
  Share Topic