You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dublin Pubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Beamish is far cheaper and nicer than  Guinness.
 Diageo have done a great job making people think it's a better drink than it is. 
A pint of Creamy Beamy can be as good as any Guinness. 

Agree Clap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 8:57pm
Loads of pubs doing Beamish now that Island's Edge is gone. Why Heineken just didn't push it or Murphy's I don't know. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Loads of pubs doing Beamish now that Island's Edge is gone. Why Heineken just didn't push it or Murphy's I don't know. 

These companies are always trying to get young people drinking stout as most of their custom I imagine is aul lads.

Murphys or Beamish don't have an image that would be cool for the young generation.  Both are a poor mans Guinness.

No, what they needed was a stout that Noah or Saoirse in D4 and Temple Bar would drink and not be ashamed of it.  Something hip.  Something cool.  Something that the upwardly mobile types could be associated with.  People like BSM.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 10:07pm
😎😎
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:42am

Agree. As much as I tend to have the odd pint of Guinness from time to time, Ive also had a pint of Beamish here and there. Distinctly different to Guinness according to my palate, but very nice. Ive had it in a few places but, the nicest has actually been the local Wetherspoons (usually with a bit of food) and it’s very good. Murphy's I cant comment on, been way too long since I had a pint of it.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:51am
Dublin Pubs is the name of this....keep up
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 55 minutes ago at 3:35pm

They tried to push Murphys but it got a stuipd stemed glass and didn't take off. The lads would would drink that didn't want a tulip glass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 495051
  Share Topic