You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'88

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '88
    Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:26pm
Can anyone tell me who was number 10 in 88 campaign

thanks
Sponsored Links

clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:30pm
its ok i found it on wiki. it was stapleton.

just want to double check this is right? want to get hubby a present of his first jersey which was the 88 one he had number 10 on the back but wasnt sure what name it was. does anyone know if i can get the name and number printed on the back from the fai shop

thanks
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:44pm
Great presie

Contact them, not sure if they have older numbers/names.
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:49pm
yeh i might just do that. must check with his dad aswell and make sure it was a 10 on the back of it. thanks
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 6:55pm
carolls (fai store) on westmorland street have the jerseys and have letters and numbering clody but it will be the new type lettering not the old one but no harm in giving them a call and asking anyway Thumbs%20Up
clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:07pm
thanks will give them a ring monday morning

athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 7:25pm
do they have all the old shirts??????
clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 6:09am
on the website its only the Ireland 88 one, they have some premiership old shirts too
Sporticus View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 6:15am
Would maybe just get the number on back clody as they didnt have names on shirts back then....(but thats just me!)
clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 6:16am
sporticus i didnt realise that (in my defence i was only 6 then), thats grand ill only get the number so.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 11:24am
Clody if you got him the original (as in the adidas one) do not touch it with the unoriginal numbers as it will ruin it big time as in the value and it will look stupid bigtime. Just helping you out here as a guy who is sadly into his retro irish shirts. 
Chips don't bounce
Sheikh Yerbouti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheikh Yerbouti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 11:55am
Adidas are now printing 80's-style numbers on the back of shirts. Check this site out. http://www.teamsport90.com/viewdetails.asp?cat=12&scat=30&search4=&page=&pId=1205 I don't know if you can send individual jerseys over, but it's worth giving them a call to find out for sure.

I bought the '88 jersey off classicfootballshirts.co.uk. £100 stg, but worth every penny.
I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: 'Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.' - Dara Ó Briain
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic