You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paul McGrath

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 10:15am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by Wearside Bhoy Wearside Bhoy wrote:

Not biting Wearside............did you meet him in a pub perchance.?   Probably your fault he ended up with booze problems. Angry

Peerless Paul, in my opinion our greatest player.

One of my all time hereos as an Ireland player. Clap Loved the guy. Sadly have never met him but would love to one day.

He signed his book for me in Eason's, extremely nice lad.  LEGEND. Heard he's very up and down lately with the drink, please God he's ok at the minute.

Very sad to hear alright FW. I met him twice, once after I snuck into Lansdowne and at a signing he was doing in Maynooth a few months back. Absolute legend and a gent to bootClapClapClap. I was very star struck meeting him in MaynoothEmbarrassed 
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Sponsored Links

Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

Not biting Wearside............did you meet him in a pub perchance.?   Probably your fault he ended up with booze problems. Angry

One of my all time hereos as an Ireland player. Clap Loved the guy. Sadly have never met him but would love to one day.

He signed his book for me in Eason's, extremely nice lad.  LEGEND. Heard he's very up and down lately with the drink, please God he's ok at the minute.

Very sad to hear alright FW. I met him twice, once after I snuck into Lansdowne and at a signing he was doing in Maynooth a few months back. Absolute legend and a gent to bootClapClapClap. I was very star struck meeting him in MaynoothEmbarrassed 

Met him in Maynooth too he was in great form that day stayed a good two hours after he was meant to signing and posing for photos. Met him not so long again and he had a few on him, the difference in him was heartbreaking Unhappy One of my favourite players of all time Thumbs%20Up
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:34pm
Went to his house the day before he scored for Ireland vs Hungary,played football in the park with him and his son Chris..Surprised I didn't get a mention in the book!!
Theres only one sport that matters..
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Mafi Mushkila Mafi Mushkila wrote:

Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

Met him in Maynooth too he was in great form that day stayed a good two hours after he was meant to signing and posing for photos. Met him not so long again and he had a few on him, the difference in him was heartbreaking Unhappy One of my favourite players of all time Thumbs%20Up
He was great in Maynooth, like you said staying on for ages after to ensure everyone got to see him. I got my hug and kiss and a picture with him so he made my day Clap
First Commander-Galway Regatta
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:30pm

The Black Pearl .

Our greatest player despite his life long problems. Legend is used to much nowadays but Big Paul is well and truly a legend

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 5:00pm
Met paul McGrath in the Croke Park Hotel after the match v Italy.A real gentleman...wouldn`t like to have faced him on the pitch. He stood beside Jimmy Magee signing autographs.2 legends in one spot.like a holy grail.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Live Long and Prosper.
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 3:35am
A all time legend, would have made a great TV pundit.
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:50am
Paul will be playing for the man utd legends v dundalk legends in oriel park on november 15th if anyones intrested

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Paul will be playing for the man utd legends v dundalk legends in oriel park on november 15th if anyones intrested

Are there any Dundalk legends ?LOLLOL Wink

Only joking.......
Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic