You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Souppa Keeppa'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

More embarrasing than any wave.
FACT.

Support for Given is welcome, but please drop the ridiculus Geordie accent chants...Angry  and there were quite a few within the SS...

rant over....

I dont get that at all, you want to get rid of one of the few chants that workedConfused 

That was a chant that people sang, so anything that works get my vote.ClapClap
I agree - If u get rid of chants lake that - Your left with what? Ole Ole Ole
MOB
Sponsored Links

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Good chant if you ask me . .

The We love you one is pants though apart from the oh oooooh . Its like someone went into junior infants and asked one of the kids to write a song about the Irish team . . .

Stern%20Smile
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:19pm
I liked the super super shay, super super shay, super shay  given
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by aidz aidz wrote:

More embarrasing than any wave.
FACT.

Support for Given is welcome, but please drop the ridiculus Geordie accent chants...Angry  and there were quite a few within the SS...

rant over....

Thumbs%20Up anything that has to be song in a mock english accent should be avoided like the plague IMO
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
craig7042 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig7042 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:17pm
[QUOTE=Newryrep][QUOTE=aidz]More embarrasing than any wave.
FACT.

Its not a good tribute to Shay in fairness. Very English.
Whats wrong with the simple - "One Shay Given, there's only one shay given?"
www.theboysingreen.blogspot.com
Xlami View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xlami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 4:37pm

Good chant if you ask me . .

The We love you one is pants though apart from the oh oooooh . Its like someone went into junior infants and asked one of the kids to write a song about the Irish team . . .

Shocked great chant, originally sung by st pauli fans
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by craig7042 craig7042 wrote:

[QUOTE=Newryrep][QUOTE=aidz]More embarrasing than any wave.
FACT.

Its not a good tribute to Shay in fairness. Very English.
Whats wrong with the simple - "One Shay Given, there's only one shay given?"

Didnt hear too many other "tribute" chants for the lad. At least we tried.

Geordie accent? Confused Why the f**k is that being brought up by a few people? None of us sang it with a Geordie/ Brit accent. Half our songs were probably taken from British fans anyway FFS, nothing strange there.

Finally, Babbs; We Love You being a bad song? You're havin a laugh aint ya?! Big%20smile

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 6:05pm
didnt even hear the chant from where i was

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Geordie accent? Confused Why the f**k is that being brought up by a few people? None of us sang it with a Geordie/ Brit accent. Half our songs were probably taken from British fans anyway FFS, nothing strange there.

Finally, Babbs; We Love You being a bad song? You're havin a laugh aint ya?! Big%20smile

HM the chorus is top notch but the words are shockin . The last thing I would do is discourage yis makin up songs for the supporters vocal artilliary but if yis put that song in the eurovision "My lovely horse" would finish ahead of it !!

Edited by BabbsBalls - 18 Oct 2009 at 12:29pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:36pm
I like the extra bit they do. Sounds class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeI4lAvv7Yk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:42pm
[QUOTE=JH91]I like the extra bit they do. Sounds class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeI4lAvv7Yk[/QUOTE]

Jesus JH91 thats frightening . . Wouldnt wanna mess with them dudes.

HM why dont you see if we can get a load of inmates on day release for the matches and see with the added agression if the chant work better..

JH91 , is that your xtravision card number or something ?

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

HM the chorus is top notch but the words are shockin . The last thing I would do is discourage yis makin up songs for the supporters vocal artilliary but if yis put that song in the eurovision "My lovely horse" would finish ahead of it !!

Ah Babbs, the words aint bad. In fairness, apart from the ballad songs, do any of our chants have decent lyrics?!

Each to their own opinion but by far the majority of fans that hear the song for the first time love it and it's catching on. I think that shows how good the song is; it's easy to learn and catchy.

JH91, that's quality looking Clap

KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 12:58pm
There was a lad beside me in Sofia singing this to the tune of Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer (I know, a sh*t song) - "Oh Oh we're half way there, Oh Oh Given is our Player, Take that Shot He'll save it I swear Oh Oh Given is our Player, Given is our Player". It was very funny cos he was giving it socks and a bit of air guitar too 
Back o' the Net !
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

There was a lad beside me in Sofia singing this to the tune of Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer (I know, a sh*t song) - "Oh Oh we're half way there, Oh Oh Given is our Player, Take that Shot He'll save it I swear Oh Oh Given is our Player, Given is our Player". It was very funny cos he was giving it socks and a bit of air guitar too 

are you for real its one of the greatest songs of all time

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 18 Oct 2009 at 1:02pm

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 1:02pm
Did he have Black Hair and a tan Kris?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2009 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Did he have Black Hair and a tan Kris?

The black pearl of inchicore wasnt in one again ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic