FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFunny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny
    Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 10:10am
Talking to one of the lads in the Dublin office, he was watching the England v Croatia match in the porterhouse. There was only 1 English lad in the whole place it seemed. No one knew he was English when Croatia scored the two goals
It goes 2-1 you hear this quite "yes"
2-2 and the place is silent except for this lad who lets out this huge "yessss"
Then someone starts singing "all by myself, don't want to be all by myself" and loads joined in for a chorus! Brilliant.
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 10:17am
great stuff seaniemac!Big%20smile
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 10:22am
I was in the barge a few years ago with my mates when England were playing Argentina in a friendly. England won 3-2 with Owen scoring the winner in the last minute. THere was a group of English lads behind us watching it, they weren't happy when we were cheering Argentina goals, when they got the winner, they rightly celebrated and rubbed our noses in it.
After the match, we got the barmaid to flick around the channels and just by chance TG4 were showing world cup gold, Ireland v Holland in 1990 (wouldn't mind but it was more copper than gold that game).
When Quinn equalised, we jumped up and down and this auld fella beside us, who was quite all during the England game, started a 'we're all part of jackie's army'.
The whole section of the pub joined in, lads were running down from upstairs to see what was happening. The English lads just got up and left.
stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 11:34am
That famous Irish friendliness! I assume the the singing was meant in a banter type way, shame the English lads felt the need to leave, you'd think they'd stay and enjoy the craic
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 11:45am
I was in Galway last summer with the missus for the weekend when England were playin Portugal in the world cup. I had my Portugal jersey on and was goin round the city centre lookin for a decent spot to watch the match when we came across about 10 other dublin lads (that must have been on a stags) all also wearing the portugal jerseys. Decided to follow them into a place called tir na og's and dowstairs was fulla english with their flags n all hangin up.
went upstairs and the place was full of paddies all wearin some kind of portugal or irish jersey - some fookin craic when they lost on penos; the place erupted. english downstairs were sick and couldnt understand why us friendly paddies were all against them - one of them even tried to start on me on the way out.....proper scum - i just love to see them suffer Big%20smile
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007 at 2:01pm
haha , that reminds me, i was in egypt last summer. same thing, loads of english in with flags for portugal match. Me and my mate got knock off portugal tops and went mad when england were knocked out. Haha, so funny,  half the english don't know why we hate them!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic