You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStan Out Or Not

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Stan to get the boot or Stay?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
5 [100.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stan Out Or Not
    Posted: 07 Feb 2007 at 3:01pm
I think he was always the wrong man for the job.  Absolutely loved him as a player and he will always have my huge respect for all those years of service! But the problem is Delaney and the FAI.  Delaney picked a guy with no managerial experience and just fed him to the lions.  Thats not Stans fault although I think his communication skills need a brushing up on after that interview! (Or a kick in the arse. He reminded me of David Brent from the Office) I reckon a poll for Delaney should be set up now aswell....I'll do that now cause he deserves it more than anyone for years now.  He runs the FAI like he owns the place!

Edited by The Count - 07 Feb 2007 at 3:36pm
Sponsored Links

mmcclean View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 12:08am
Farcical display last night.
The FAI took a gamble on Staunton and it backfired, only no one in the worst association in the world will have the backbone to do what's right.
They shouldn't think about the compensation, they should just start afresh and get someone in who has a notion what they are doing.
This campaign his bitten the dust. They can't allow the 2010 campaign to do the same.
That interview on TV3 last night should be the final nail in his coffin.
How can he claim that San Marino would cause problems in this group????
South Terrace
PompeyBill View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 1:26am
He's gotta go. If we get a new manager in now it will give him time to get to know the squad in compeditive matches rather than friendlies. I was going to say we should get a world class manager in but look what happened last time we said that.

The only problem is I can see many decent managers wanting to go near the Irish job. I think Stan was a last resort last time becasue no mangers with any experience wanted to manage us and cant see it being much differen this time if Stan does go.
CECIL007 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 1:35am
Delaney should be long gone..........

I reckon the gaffer should probably go...... He was never the right man for the job in the first place.........

It's only partly his fault though.... We haven't got the players and with the FAI and Eircom league in such dire condition, there's not much for Stan to work with........

In saying that, he doesn't seem to get the best out of the players we have, players that are performing consistently at club level don't do it for Stan...... he doesn't seem to have any tactics or structure to the team..
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 3:26am
looks like he couldnt even motivate Mr Motivator after listening to his interview! The lads if they played like that for their clubs would be getting the hair drier treatment after that shambles, not a pat on the back saying '3 points Yahoo. great result lads'! 
Troy McClure View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 5:28am
Is this really Stan's faulty? Have Irish Football teams been punching above their weight for the last 15 years? We have never been prolific goal scorers away from home, we've never hammered anyone! Are we just happy with the win, do we not believe in ourselves to go on and score a bucketful of goals. Maybe the Irish football should take a good look at the Rugby team, who didn't celebrate after beating Wales last week because the performance wasn't upto scratch. It's not alright just win, we must win with classic and style, and above all believe we are good enough the win the euro championships not just scrape qualification.
hey come 'ere and look what you could hav' won, it's caravan with chrome
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic