You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

German football

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: German football
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 8:27am

Just wondering if anyone here lives in Germany (or used live in germany?)

Have been watching a bit of german football on espn and must say ive been impressed with it!

Heading over for a couple of matches in 2 weeks.

Have tickets for Dortmund v hamburg.

I’m planning on heading to FC KOln V Monchengladbach also. However I’m having trouble getting tickets for this as it’s a derby match and only going on sale to members. Anyone know how much I could expect to pay for a ticket off a tout outside the stadium? (or have any other ideas how I could get one!)

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Sponsored Links

Johnnybhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 8:40am
german football is the best set up in Europe and how football should be done.

safe standing terraced sections, cheap ticket prices and alot of fan owned/influenced clubs.

Clubs that actually care about their fans and allow them to support their clubs....not just money driven corporations.

very exciting league aswell
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 9:02am

used to go watch FC Nurnberg when I lived there, still try and get to a game a season.

Cheap tickets, terraces, class atmosphere, beers sold to you while you stand. (in plastic, re-usable cups).  superb.

technically very good teams too.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:28pm
I go to the Christmas markets in Germany every December and I love taking in a Bundesliga match.  Briliant stadiums, passionate (standing) crowds, great football (best goal average in the major European leagues) and great value.  A match ticket, a beer, a bratwust and a match programme will come to less than a ticket for an English Premier game.

And if that's not enough, in most cities holding a match ticket entitles you to free public transport for the day.  Where football is concerned, Germany is where they do it right for sure.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 7:38am
Fell in love with German football over the weekend!

Managed to sneak into the ultras section in dortmund - unreal atmosphere, both sets of fans were dead on (was drinking with both at different times throughout the day) - proper football stadium, with a proper atmosphere with proper football fans!

Then we went the koln and Borussia Mönchengladbach derby. It was pissing rain so the touts were selling tickets for face value! (we were told all night friday and on way to ground on sat that we wouldnt have a chance of getting tickets haha!) - some hammering koln got and bit of naughtiness off the pitch too!

Was a great football trip (and got to see lots of goals and good attackjing football:-)), would well recommend a trip to the bundesliga!

Just a shame espn show the matches on friday nights which will clash when the loi season starts again - but happy enough still getting my friday night football fix!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic