You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgie Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgie Kelly
    Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 8:48pm
Moves to Rotherham, who are third in League One with games in hand over Sunderland. Hopefully he hits the ground running.

Sponsored Links

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 9:51pm
Be interesting to see how he gets on..would imagine he will be competing for game time with Kayode

Edited by 10 Box - 27 Jan 2022 at 9:51pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:50am
Will be interesting to see how he does physically. Last season, he was well capable of beating both CB's in the physical battles. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 10:04am
I never got the impression he could play at a higher level. Although he did do very well in Europe so lets hope he can continue that type of form. If he can get gametime and some goals he might become an option for Kenny soon enough. Interesting.
I love beer gardens
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 3:31pm
I've watched Kelly for several seasons up close in the LOI and I never got the impression he was going to play at a much higher level. I still feel last season was an anomaly for him and he'd be back to his regular inconsistencies this year. I hope it works out for him but I can see him back home in a years time.

CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 8:33pm
Probably haven't watched him as much as some of the above but I'd agree, he has only had one top level season in the LOI Premier. You never know though, if Connor Sammon managed to carve out a decent career then anything is possible. 
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 8:45am
the thing of mud slinging at Conor sammon always annoys me, the guy could play, serious strong hold up cf with plenty football and proven in that he’s still playing professionally. If Kelly is half as good as sammon he’ll do fine. Three & half year contract so clearly they rate him. Hope works out…

Edited by SeanC - 29 Jan 2022 at 8:46am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:26am
”Half as good as Sammon”

Way to set the bar high.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:54am
Conor Sammon's goalscoring record at Championship level stands up to any of the other strikers playing for us right now. Better than Will Keane's for example.

Thought he was alright for us when he played. Not great, nowhere near as bad as some people made out.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 2:08pm
AFAIK when Trap played him, he was also the highest scoring striker available at the time. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Conor Sammon's goalscoring record at Championship level stands up to any of the other strikers playing for us right now. Better than Will Keane's for example.

Thought he was alright for us when he played. Not great, nowhere near as bad as some people made out.

What goalscoring record at championship level ?? The only place he scored with any sort of regularity was in Scotland for a couple of season z he was awful 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

What goalscoring record at championship level ?? The only place he scored with any sort of regularity was in Scotland for a couple of season z he was awful 

Averaged 1 in 9 at Championship level in roughly the same amount of appearances as Keane. And I'd estimate half of those appearances came off the bench. That's a better record than Keane at the same level to put things into perspective. Goalscoring wasn't his forte but he was decent for a while at Wigan and Derby in terms of his overall play.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 5:19pm
Shouldn't have mentioned Sammon. I just remember watching him play for UCD in the first division and thinking he was septic, he ends up having a decent career and playing international football. Fair play to the lad. Many better LOI strikers gave gone to the UK and it hasn't worked out for them. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 7:32pm
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/hes-getting-closer-rotherham-boss-assures-georgie-kelly-hell-get-his-chance-in-first-team-41397893.html

Meanwhile he's not in the squad for the Football League Trophy tonight, despite Joshua Kayode being missing.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:15pm
Finally makes his debut as an 80th minute sub.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:20pm

Finally makes his debut as an 80th minute sub.

And he scores and Rotherham promoted for sure
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:21pm
Get in!! Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:25pm
Good finish too. Ogbene set him up
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic