You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia-Switzerland double header

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Poll Question: When are you flying to Switzerland?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [16.36%]
34 [61.82%]
12 [21.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Linzark Linzark wrote:

Where exactly was the pick up for the previous games ? Sounds dodgy Confused

Lobby of the FAI hotel.  Has always worked well although loads leftover normally.

That defeats the purpose completely so it does so hopefully this time any left over will face some sort of marks against them. Last collection was 2014 before the Scotland mess so let’s hope there’s plans in place now to deal with tickets left over. Was the Marriott 2017 too I was travelling early so had to collect there so will probably be there.

If it is collection, you'd have to imagine it is because of the harvesting. If reports are to be believed, there were over 1,000 tickets applied for, and there weren't that many in total at the last two games there.

Collection in the hotel is better than collection in the stadium given that it means the staff are able to note properly on laptops and whatever who has collected their tickets, as opposed to doing it on a sheet in some hut outside the stadium.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:28pm
It was one of the windows at the ticket office at the stadium where mcglue handed out tickets. He ticked my name off and managed to wrangle a programme off him as well. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 20 Sep 2019 at 4:28pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:30pm
Georgia will be collection out there. Hotel day before and stadium on match day
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Georgia will be collection out there. Hotel day before and stadium on match day

I notice the service charge was wiped from our invoices also so we aren't getting screwed hereClap
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Proper order with collection over there but if the FAI don’t punish the people that are harvesting it’s just a waste of time for everyone else who has to collect them.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 5:19pm
If the account holder orders 4 tickets and collects 4 tickets but say only 3 of his group travel, he will get away with hoarding.
An account holder who fails to pick up his ticket(s), well his absence will be noted I'd imagine. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

If the account holder orders 4 tickets and collects 4 tickets but say only 3 of his group travel, he will get away with hoarding.
An account holder who fails to pick up his ticket(s), well his absence will be noted I'd imagine. 

Passports shoukd be provided for any tickets collected - no passport no ticket especially if collecting Swiss tickets in Tbilisi 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Passports shoukd be provided for any tickets collected - no passport no ticket especially if collecting Swiss tickets in Tbilisi 
Yes but it will be one passport to collect every envelope of ticket(s) 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 7:11pm
Nah, if you've ordered 4 tickets, you need 4 passports. If the lads are in Georgia, so are their passports. They can show up or they can give it to the main man to collect them but it needs to be 1 ticket = 1 passport.

What valid reason is there for tickets being picked up without passports? If they don't all want to go to the hotel, fine, collect at the stadium, but allowing one person to pick up four tickets aids harvesting rather than hinders it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Nah, if you've ordered 4 tickets, you need 4 passports. If the lads are in Georgia, so are their passports. They can show up or they can give it to the main man to collect them but it needs to be 1 ticket = 1 passport.

What valid reason is there for tickets being picked up without passports? If they don't all want to go to the hotel, fine, collect at the stadium, but allowing one person to pick up four tickets aids harvesting rather than hinders it.

Exactly if their passports are in Tbilisi then it’s pretty likely they are there too

It saves 10 lads traipsing down to the hotel when one lad with 10 passports  can collect 

You advise the TO prior I will be collecting x no of tickets with x no of passports 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:01pm
if the account holder pays for 4 tickets then does he not have the right to collect 4 tickets regardless? 
ie is it not a transaction for the ‘sale of goods and supply of services’ between the account holder and the FAI? 

As such, does this not constitute a contract between the account holder and FAI? Surely, and I’m not sure as I only apply for one for myself, unless it states as a condition of sale at the time of purchase that all those named in the application must be present to collect where applicable, then the FAI are not in a position to refuse handing over the purchased amount of tickets to the customer/account holder.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
Sure but the FAI can refuse to assign points unless they are collected in person / with a passport.

They could say "one person can collect on behalf of four people, but only the person collecting will get any points".

That would satisfy everyone; there is no expectation that you get loyalty points as a result of the purchase unless you actually use the ticket. The contract is only for the supply of the ticket, not the supply of the ticket in the context of a loyalty scheme.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:33am
The fai sold the 4 tickets to person A based on him naming the other 3  recipients as X Y & Z technically he doesn’t decide who gets the tickets

Person or sc member collecting for a group of friends or other sc members I dont really see an issue with as it will speed up the process and avoid everybody having to go to the pick up spot 

BUT ALL PASSPORTS WOUKD HAVE TO BE PRODUCED 

Person A turns up with with his and recipients xyz passports and collects all 4 tickets - simple 

Edited by Newryrep - 21 Sep 2019 at 7:34am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The fai sold the 4 tickets to person A based on him naming the other 3  recipients as X Y & Z technically he doesn’t decide who gets the tickets

Person or sc member collecting for a group of friends or other sc members I dont really see an issue with as it will speed up the process and avoid everybody having to go to the pick up spot 

BUT ALL PASSPORTS WOUKD HAVE TO BE PRODUCED 

Person A turns up with with his and recipients xyz passports and collects all 4 tickets - simple 

The same fella who has historically distributed the tickets at away games has made attempts or at least said he has himself to hack supporters phones. There is no way any fan should be obliged to show any person from that same organization their passports.

End of story
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:03am
What could someone do having sight of a passport?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:04am
Look the 1000 who applied for tickets will not all turn up as we all know , now what the FAI will do about this is anyone's question . I dont have the answers but i cant see more that 450 of us there so turn up in person only it's not going to take 24 hours to process that amount of people is it . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 8:42am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

What could someone do having sight of a passport?

They have a history of taking and attempting to take personal property in foreign jurisdictions... As recently as Aarhus

Edited by Pipkin - 21 Sep 2019 at 8:43am
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:24am
Yeah makes sense, but if there is no punishment for no shows it’s pretty pointless. Most people who will harvest tickets will have someone travelling, I doubt many applied for tickets where no one in a group was travelling?

Although at 2 quid a pop and no downside I guess they might.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic