You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia-Switzerland double header

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Poll Question: When are you flying to Switzerland?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
9 [16.36%]
34 [61.82%]
12 [21.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Yeah makes sense, but if there is no punishment for no shows it’s pretty pointless. Most people who will harvest tickets will have someone travelling, I doubt many applied for tickets where no one in a group was travelling?

Although at 2 quid a pop and no downside I guess they might.

The point VB is that the points were harvested for the big games where the allocation could be tight ie Swiss away - I dare say up to 600 have applied - for the double header with the intention of only going to Swiss - this will at least make them think twice 

My guess is the harvesting is aimed at the finals not a tight away game.  

If we qualify then demand will be off the charts.  Our support increases exponentially at a major finals.  EG 27,000 at a crucial home qualifier v Georgia on a Monday in September, a couple of months later 120,000 applied for the Sweden game on a Monday night in Paris.  

Do you think 1300 Irish fans will be at this game 

No of course not.  It as been very obvious at the competitive away games in Eastern Europe that the number of Irish fans in the stadium has been significantly less than the number of tickets sold.  

so why not try and do something about it

I hope the FAI do have pick up in Tbilisi.

As for doing something the club I am part of do not allow harvesting and have stringent checks in place to ensure people do not harvest.  However this is not a clubs v independent fans issue. I believe it is
going on across the board.  

Assuming th figures on here are correct (and I have no reason to doubt them) then we should have up to 1300 fans in Tbilisi.  I'd be amazed if 500 showed up.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:30am
We have five new lads going in our group and know of others going for first time, hopefully a decent crowd 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:33am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

We have five new lads going in our group and know of others going for first time, hopefully a decent crowd 

Yeah it's my first time doing Tbilisi. Travelling with another lad who is a first timer in Tbilisi too.
Danger here, OH NO
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Yeah it's my first time doing Tbilisi. Travelling with another lad who is a first timer in Tbilisi too.

Yep two of us hitting Tbilisi for first time too
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:55am
4 first timers here
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 1:22pm
There's 3 of us this time opposed to 2. 50% increase.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:48pm
Our group photo of 9 people last time will see only 2 or 3 (1 has a flight but may not make it) there next month.  The RWC has accounted for a couple but a 3rd trip in 5 years was too much for others.  I also heard a regular away traveller who posts on here is only going to Geneva this time.  I'll let him confirm that as my info is secondhand but no reason to doubt it.    

I'd love it if we had 1300 fans there but really really doubt it.  
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 4:45pm

Our group photo of 9 people last time will see only 2 or 3 (1 has a flight but may not make it) there next month.  The RWC has accounted for a couple but a 3rd trip in 5 years was too much for others.  I also heard a regular away traveller who posts on here is only going to Geneva this time.  I'll let him confirm that as my info is secondhand but no reason to doubt it.    

Don't think we will have a full 1300 their but do think we will have more than the 500 you previously predicted. Was a decent crowd over their in 2017 and would predict similar this time around probably around 800-900
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Don't think we will have a full 1300 their but do think we will have more than the 500 you previously predicted. Was a decent crowd over their in 2017 and would predict similar this time around probably around 800-900
I'd agree would expect a lot more than 500, I'd say closer to the 1k mark. Said earlier on in the thread there seemed a lot there last time, but that was a campaign where we got good travelling numbers. (Can anyone confirm tickets sold last time?)

Personally only doing Geneva this time, have an extra child since the last time ther,  so couldn't justify so much time away. 

Edited by Roberto_Carlow - 23 Sep 2019 at 6:38pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 7:21pm

I'm only guessing.  

We had about 350-400 last time from memory. So just basing my guess on that.   
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 8:31pm
How many will be in Geneva? 1500-2000? 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:40pm

I'm only guessing.  

Was defo closer to 1,000 last time. It was melting hot in the middle east at the time and a i talked to a good few lads that had traveled from there.
Here we go again
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I'm only guessing.  

Was defo closer to 1,000 last time. It was melting hot in the middle east at the time and a i talked to a good few lads that had traveled from there.

Same, it was a holiday weekend in UAE last time so a big number had flown down.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

4 first timers here
Me and my pal doing Tbilisi for the first time also. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:58am
I have a flight frm Tbilisi to Zurich on the Monday that I'm not using on the Monday if anyone wants to change the name on it.
bailesiorc View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailesiorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:54am
Anyone know of any tickets on the go for either game? Missed the boat on applying and trying to plan a trip last minute
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by bailesiorc bailesiorc wrote:

Anyone know of any tickets on the go for either game? Missed the boat on applying and trying to plan a trip last minute

Shouldn't be a problem  contact the ticket office. They are doing collection of tickets in Georgia so there'll be loads of spare tickets for that game anyway 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 01 Oct 2019 at 10:22am
Let Christy Take It.
cliftonville1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliftonville1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by bailesiorc bailesiorc wrote:

I’ve a ticket here for Switzerland.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic