You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 171>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:11am
Are there many on the Wednesday evening Wizz flight from Milan to Kutaisi? I know heff and Daboi are on it for definite.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Are there many on the Wednesday evening Wizz flight from Milan to Kutaisi? I know heff and Daboi are on it for definite.

Anseo
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:14pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ryanair always overestimate their flight duration times so they'll have a 99% success rate.

I can never understand why people would book flights with tight enough timeframes as you're completely relying on nothing going wrong. Would rather be in the airport a few more hours beforehand and allow for any unexpected delays so you don't miss your connecting flight. 

Not sure about that statistic anymore. Their new policy of designated seating has slowed down the boarding process. While they may land a few minutes early at stansted and luton, Gatwick is a different story. Same boarding issues but what really slows down the plane taking off is the congestion on taxiway. The last few times we were in airplane queue for going on 30 minutes. In fact it took 50mins from boarding to takeoff. These type of delays have a knock on effect throughout the day.
4 of my last 5 flights between Manchester and Dublin haven't arrived on time...Always delays. One of which was for 4 and a half hours but the 250 quid they had to give me eased the pain!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Anseo

Agus mise. And one more.

Plenty on it. Back that way on Monday and on with Aer Fungus.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 1:45am
Anyone staying in the Dzveli Tiflisi?

Edited by irelandfan - 24 Jun 2017 at 1:46am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Anyone know what wizzair are like in regards to not having paid for a large cabin bag? I.E. My bag is going to be bigger than the free small one but I don't intend on paying an extra 30 notes to take on a cabin bag.
Here we go again
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Anyone know what wizzair are like in regards to not having paid for a large cabin bag? I.E. My bag is going to be bigger than the free small one but I don't intend on paying an extra 30 notes to take on a cabin bag.

I believe they are pretty strict on this.
When I travel with them for a weekend away (e.g Moldova), I just use a small ruck sack.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:48am
I travelled with them to Belgrade and there wasnt a problem. It was a GAA kit bag
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 12:49pm
Travelled with them a number of times. An awful airline however I've never been caught out by their baggage policy. They'll usually rush you through if you're at the back of the queue at the gate as they want to get the plane off the ground. This certainly happens at luton frequently.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:14pm
My daughter was made pay for her bag on the way to Serbia, she downloaded the app and did it that way cheaper, but when she arrived back at the security area the bag police had gone, 

Saw others been made pay literally at the gate to the plane.

I know nothing :-)
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:39pm
Flying with them from Berlin to kutaisi just going to take a holdall size bag with me
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
So it looks like the impossible has happened, it looks like there is an airline that is as bad as, if not worse than, Ryanair (who are now splitting up groups of people round the aircraft if they haven't purchased seats - but, hey, that's another story altogether!). That takes some doing! Shocked
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

So it looks like the impossible has happened, it looks like there is an airline that is as bad as, if not worse than, Ryanair (who are now splitting up groups of people round the aircraft if they haven't purchased seats - but, hey, that's another story altogether!). That takes some doing! Shocked

To be fair to Ryanair since they decided a few years ago to up their game in customer care they have been a pleasure to fly with. I expect this little hiccup regarding splitting people up won't last long.

Wizz has always been sh*t.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:10pm

To be fair to Ryanair since they decided a few years ago to up their game in customer care they have been a pleasure to fly with. I expect this little hiccup regarding splitting people up won't last long.

Wizz has always been sh*t.
I hope you're right. I flew with them on a family holiday to Benalmadena last month and we were sitting together on the outbound flight but when I checked in and printed the boarding passes for the flight home, we were split up in different parts of the aircraft. Thankfully the flight wasn't full so we got sitting together after all once the flight was airborne. I saw a couple of consumer forums and the main issue that came up about this was if there was an emergency - human instinct would have kicked in and people would have been looking round the aircraft to see if their friends/family were ok before leaving the aircraft themselves - imagine the chaos that could cause. Apart from that it does grate that it looks to be a cynical money-grabbing ploy to get people to pay to sit together. As you say though, they've been grand in the past few years until this curveball.

Either way it looks like I'll be avoiding Wizzair if I can help it. LOL

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:17pm

I've no issues with Ryanair at all without them alot of us wouldn't get to follow Ireland away. The new seating rules is a torture for families travelling with young children but don't see the issue if it's groups of grown adults (but that's a discussion for another topic)

Wizzair are just 1 or alot of airlines that are worse than them but if we follow the guidelines will be fine
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:33pm
Get rid of the assigned seats, bring back the free for all when boarding Clap
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Get rid of the assigned seats, bring back the free for all when boarding Clap
As I heard one comedian saying years ago, it's not a boarding call over the airport pa system that starts the boarding process, it's a starting pistol! LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Am going to buck the trend here and say I've never had any hassle with Wizzair before !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 171>
  Share Topic