You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 6:54pm

Have a number of hotels booked for this one (Frida, Betsy's, Point, Citadel Narikala, Winery 1896, Marriott Courtyard) but leaning towards Frida primarily for it's location within 5 mins of both Hangar and McLarens. Anyone stayed there before? Once it's clean and not falling apart we'll be happy. 

Sponsored Links

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by eaststand85 eaststand85 wrote:

Have a number of hotels booked for this one (Frida, Betsy's, Point, Citadel Narikala, Winery 1896, Marriott Courtyard) but leaning towards Frida primarily for it's location within 5 mins of both Hangar and McLarens. Anyone stayed there before? Once it's clean and not falling apart we'll be happy. 

No wonder poor Muff can't find a hotel room
In Tbilisi
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

In Tbilisi

He must have higher standards than us 😊
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:26am
Many travelling to Luton on the 4pm flight on the Thursday? I'm on it now but a wary now because of any delays
Cathal Bourke
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 6:12am
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Many travelling to Luton on the 4pm flight on the Thursday? I'm on it now but a wary now because of any delays

I'd say 30 plus on that flight and prob at least the same again with UK based lads jumping on the Wizzz flight . The flight to Luton seems to be on time most of the days and my
Mate who flies for Ryanair says you can nearly put money on it getting in 15 mins before scheduled time .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:33am
Ryanair always overestimate their flight duration times so they'll have a 99% success rate.

I can never understand why people would book flights with tight enough timeframes as you're completely relying on nothing going wrong. Would rather be in the airport a few more hours beforehand and allow for any unexpected delays so you don't miss your connecting flight. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:35am

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

In Tbilisi

He must have higher standards than us 😊

I don't think you could ever associate higher standards with me. 

I can never afford them LOL
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 8:50am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Ryanair always overestimate their flight duration times so they'll have a 99% success rate.

I can never understand why people would book flights with tight enough timeframes as you're completely relying on nothing going wrong. Would rather be in the airport a few more hours beforehand and allow for any unexpected delays so you don't miss your connecting flight. 

work , famlies  just two reasons why lads cant be scratching their arses drinkig  in Airports hours before a flight departs LOL
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

work , famlies  just two reasons why lads cant be scratching their arses drinkig  in Airports hours before a flight departs LOL

Real supporters get a job with loads of time off and plan their reproduction to coincide with Ireland being back in the doldrums. 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Real supporters get a job with loads of time off and plan their reproduction to coincide with Ireland being back in the doldrums. 

Exactly - no wife or kids until we're sh*te again LOL
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

i had to miss our qualifoer in Cardiff in 2007 due to my mini me being born. Its the reason ive had no more kids.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

i had to miss our qualifoer in Cardiff in 2007 due to my mini me being born. Its the reason ive had no more kids.

I went to that one. Childbirth would have been less painful
@AntrimMan85
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:40am
LOLLOL
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:44am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:57am

work , famlies  just two reasons why lads cant be scratching their arses drinking  in Airports hours before a flight departs LOL

I think you might've picked me up wrong. I can understand someone not having a choice but to take the latest possible flight to make a connecting one but the lax-a-daisy type who are always cutting it a bit fine and they  moan when there's a delay and they end up missing their flight/trains. 

You're asking for trouble if you're giving yourself less than 2 hours/90 minutes to make a connecting flight no matter how improbable a delay might be. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:17am

Not sure about that statistic anymore. Their new policy of designated seating has slowed down the boarding process. While they may land a few minutes early at stansted and luton, Gatwick is a different story. Same boarding issues but what really slows down the plane taking off is the congestion on taxiway. The last few times we were in airplane queue for going on 30 minutes. In fact it took 50mins from boarding to takeoff. These type of delays have a knock on effect throughout the day.

Edited by colemanY2K - 23 Jun 2017 at 10:18am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:18am

Also most of your  "Dates" are well over 60 so that could be another reason Tongue
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Also most of your  "Dates" are well over 60 so that could be another reason Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6970717273 171>
  Share Topic