You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 2nd September 2017 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:27pm
Just wondering lads we are only arriving back on the Tuesday afterwards for Serbia game. But we will still have our grip backs from Georgia there wouldn't be a problem getting these into stadium would there? Or will they have to be left in a bar or something?
Sponsored Links

john-ybig View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john-ybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:43pm
Yes Pearse! Grip bags can be held in the luggage room in the stadium! Big game ahead this should be a good one! Good chatting! YBIG

Edited by john-ybig - 07 Feb 2017 at 8:11am
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:35pm
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Time to panic..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/31/sausage-wielding-ultra-nationalists-attack-vegan-cafe-in-tbilisi/

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/79006

The vegan fraternity within our fanbase must be sh*tting themselves. Dark days ahead.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Time to panic..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/31/sausage-wielding-ultra-nationalists-attack-vegan-cafe-in-tbilisi/

http://www.eurasianet.org/node/79006

The vegan fraternity within our fanbase must be sh*tting themselves. Dark days ahead.

Don't forget that the attackers really rubbed salt in when "finally they started to smoke". 

That was worse than pickpocketing.   
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 2:41pm
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm
Any local football games to take in while over here? One night in Berlin, Kutaisi and four in Tbilisi plenty of time outside of the pub to kill. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 12:58pm
We get into Tbilisi on the Thursday and there till the Monday so is there anything anyone that was there in 2014 would recommend doing apart from spending 4 days in the hangar bar

Know about the cable car in Tbilisi so will do most likely do that and looking into a trip to gori to visit the Stalin museum so is there anything else yous would recommend
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

We get into Tbilisi on the Thursday and there till the Monday so is there anything anyone that was there in 2014 would recommend doing apart from spending 4 days in the hangar bar

Know about the cable car in Tbilisi so will do most likely do that and looking into a trip to gori to visit the Stalin museum so is there anything else yous would recommend

There's also a funicular railway near the city centre. Didn't manage to try it out the last time but I'm sure it's worth having a look.

The sulphur baths are excellent. They're ancient and well worth checking out for a few hours. Great for the hangover. There's a few to choose from.

They have a zoo although I'm not sure how many animals they have left after a load escaped during flooding shortly after we were there. I think one of the escaped Tigers​ killed a member of the public.

Overall Tbilisi city centre is very nice and you could easily spend a day drifting around it. Mind you it's very hilly outside the city centre.

P.S. due to its strategic position the yanks have ploughed billions into Georgia. You'll see USAID badges on a lot of the new fancy buildings, cable car, bridges etc.

Edited by colemanY2K - 26 Apr 2017 at 1:29pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 2:12pm
If lads are doing touristy type stuff, then drag me along ffs.... Can't do non stop drinking anymore like the last time.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:31pm
Uplistiskhe caves, Stalin museum Gori, day trip to Kazbegi, loads of options for day trips and things to do.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:57pm
The walking tour of the city is very good. We did it the last time and it was 5 or 6 hours long. Can't rightly remember but but we ended up in someones house looking at some old excavation in their back yard. Finished up at the old fortress. Great way to spend most of the day!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

The walking tour of the city is very good. We did it the last time and it was 5 or 6 hours long. Can't rightly remember but but we ended up in someones house looking at some old excavation in their back yard. Finished up at the old fortress. Great way to spend most of the day!
5 or 6 hours? Jesus, there could be some lads struggling to keep up even after an hour after a night on the sauce. LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

If lads are doing touristy type stuff, then drag me along ffs.... Can't do non stop drinking anymore like the last time.

Leave me in the pub please.
@AntrimMan85
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:12pm
Some good tips here.
We've four nights here as well so flaking out swimming during the day is the plan. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Leave me in the pub please.

Me too
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Uplistiskhe caves, Stalin museum Gori, day trip to Kazbegi, loads of options for day trips and things to do.
Them caves look quite cool, only concern would be bumping into ISIS training.LOLLOLLOLLOL
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Gori - last time got the train down, good way to spend a day, but got minibus back, much faster and very cheap. There are minibuses for hire outside the railway station.
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 49>
  Share Topic