You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia - 12th Oct 2019- Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 171>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:37pm
There will be no problem getting a ticket
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

There will be no problem getting a ticket

Sorry wrong thread 
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Cheapest way to go day before and come home day after and stay in an ok location?

Thinking of going over without ticket but just the buzz and never
Know might get a ticket
Could be interested in doing something similar myself now
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by Mr_T Mr_T wrote:

Any of ye that are using Ryanair for any legs of this trip getting nervous with their ongoing strike issues?

I have a tight connection time on way out and sods law Ryanair are the first flight.  I'm wondering should I abandon that flight and look at a Plan B......  Confused

I'm using them three times during it, but there's no strike dates for October yet.
Also, seems to be only UK and Spanish based pilots striking.
It'd be worth having a backup airline/route planned though.

Yeah was looking at alternatives.  Can get an earlier route to Riga for my connection for about €60 but means going via UK and leaving stupid early from Donegal.  Current flight doesn't leave Dublin till 17:05....but even a minor delay and I'm screwed for my transfer.

Will be watching strike situation closely! Cry
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm

Any of ye that are using Ryanair for any legs of this trip getting nervous with their ongoing strike issues?

I have a tight connection time on way out and sods law Ryanair are the first flight.  I'm wondering should I abandon that flight and look at a Plan B......  Confused

I'm using them three times during it, but there's no strike dates for October yet.

Yeah was looking at alternatives.  Can get an earlier route to Riga for my connection for about €60 but means going via UK and leaving stupid early from Donegal.  Current flight doesn't leave Dublin till 17:05....but even a minor delay and I'm screwed for my transfer.

What part of Donegal? I’ve often had to get early flights but bus eireann usually bes grand t the airport there’s a decent service though the night now from Donegal Town. Not as sure about the Letterkenny route but it isn’t bad either I think from when I’ve used it. Be able to sleep on the bus and plane so not the end of the word for Copenhagen think I got the bus at 5am and wasn’t too bad.
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

What part of Donegal? I’ve often had to get early flights but bus eireann usually bes grand t the airport there’s a decent service though the night now from Donegal Town. Not as sure about the Letterkenny route but it isn’t bad either I think from when I’ve used it. Be able to sleep on the bus and plane so not the end of the word for Copenhagen think I got the bus at 5am and wasn’t too bad.

Letterkenny yeah.  It's possible for sure.  But alternative flight is very early, so would be leaving in middle of the night and upping total travel time to 20+ hours.  I'm a bit long in the tooth for that kinda sh*te!  Not really free to go down night before, and that adds another cost to the mix.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 11:17am

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Letterkenny yeah.  It's possible for sure.  But alternative flight is very early, so would be leaving in middle of the night and upping total travel time to 20+ hours.  I'm a bit long in the tooth for that kinda sh*te!  Not really free to go down night before, and that adds another cost to the mix.

I know this feeling my flight to Georgia leaves Dublin at 6:30am so have the option of traveling down the night before at paying to stay in Dublin the night of leave lifford at 2am and and travel the whole day with no sleep
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I know this feeling my flight to Georgia leaves Dublin at 6:30am so have the option of traveling down the night before at paying to stay in Dublin the night of leave lifford at 2am and and travel the whole day with no sleep

Similar myself, with an 06:15 departure on the Thursday.  The bus is grand on the way down, but would be tight to make the last one coming back, so thinking I'll just drive it.  Guaranteed feck all sleep that way though.

I don't see much point in staying in Dublin the night before.  Even close to the airport, you'll still be out of bed at around 4, hardly worth it.
City Till I Die
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
We are arriving into Modlin Warsaw on the 10 Oct, flying out of Chopin later that evening. We've booked a bus to transfer us, have a few spare seats, if anyone needs them, just drop me a PM.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:15pm
Where is everyone in Tbilisi staying?
Danger here, OH NO
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Google the Hangar and McCleans bars and stay somewhere in between and you will not go far wrong .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Google the Hangar and McCleans bars and stay somewhere in between and you will not go far wrong .

Around freedom square i think is where we are, 10min walk to either so that's grand.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 2:46pm
Definitely use wifi only. Got screwed on roaming charges about 4 years ago. Good crowd in the Betsy Hotel. About 20 minute walk down to Freedom Square or 5 LARI in a taxi = €2. Big advantage it has a pool.

For those of you looking to do something local on Sunday, if there's a free guided tour, take one. Alternatively, take the cable car to the Mother of Georgia statue overlooking the city. There's a zip wire station at the back of the statue, which goes over a large gorge. Not for the faint hearted. The cable car gives you great views of the city. There's also the baths which are close to the Hangar Bar so a day in there with a massage and steam rooms will revive you... no smutty answers.

Tbilisi to Yerevan return is an option by taxi. There's plenty of taxi's off freedom square that will do a return day journey. Now be prepared for some kamikaze driving. It's about 3+ hours each way, so a taxi is about €80 return if you haggle them. Yerevan is fabulous, so a spot of lunch, sight seeing, few beers and back to Tbilisi for a night cap before the trip home or Switzerland.Wink
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Around freedom square i think is where we are, 10min walk to either so that's grand.

Staying in the Mercure Old Town which seems central enough
Danger here, OH NO
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Yeah I'd have to be doing the same, 1:45am bus from Letterkenny.

That's why i went for the 5pm flight, and short connection originally.

Pay the damn pilots O Leary.....
moeszylak View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moeszylak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 6:30am
Good morning,

I'm currently cycling from Ireland to Iran, have made it as far as Bulgaria.

Looks like I'll make it to Tbilisi in time for the Ireland game. 

I'm having trouble accessing the away portal, have got in touch with the FAI and am awaiting a response.

In the mean time, I was wondering if any of you have any idea about the chances of picking up a ticket on the ground there?
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by moeszylak moeszylak wrote:

Good morning,

I'm currently cycling from Ireland to Iran, have made it as far as Bulgaria.

Looks like I'll make it to Tbilisi in time for the Ireland game. 

I'm having trouble accessing the away portal, have got in touch with the FAI and am awaiting a response.

In the mean time, I was wondering if any of you have any idea about the chances of picking up a ticket on the ground there?

Ive a mate who's pulled out, should have a spare
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:41pm
You will have no problem getting a ticket for this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 157158159160161 171>
  Share Topic