You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

George Hook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:07am
Even the mighty marketing men of the Rugby fraternity, who have done such a sterling job keeping coverage of the Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding alleged rape case to an absolute minimum, would have bother pulling Hook out of this mess, which is entirely of his own making. He's a beaten docket, good riddance to the spoofer. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:10am
Pat kenny deffending the man now
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:17am
His previous comments on rape were, arguably, worse. What did he say about the girl who was raped by her boyfriend? Something along the lines of there being 'implied consent' when you share a bed.I have shared a bed with heterosexual members of the same sex, I suppose I would have deserved to be rogered too, eh George? Anybody who tries to defend Hook on this deserves is a f**king clown.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:29am
It's amazing how the like of GF who couldn't help but try defend the comments made by Hook are now nowhere to be seen in this thread
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I'm not missing the point.

You cannot simply say oh she's not to blame but she needs to be more aware and careful. They don't go hand in hand in the slightest. Either you're blaming her somewhat and saying she needs to be more careful or you're not blaming her at all.
They're two different things.

EVERYONE needs to be careful, be it a man going back to a houseparty and getting beaten up/robbed, a  girl going back to the house party and getting raped, same with walking down dark alleys. 

The rapist is 100% at wrong for the rape.

Hook's point was if you walked down a dark alley in a dodgy area late at night and had your phone stolen, what would the response be? You'd say you should have been more careful and not put yourself in that position. Not the guy who stole your phone is the only one who committed a crime and will hopefully be prosecuted, but the crime wouldn't have happened if you weren't there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm not missing the point.

You cannot simply say oh she's not to blame but she needs to be more aware and careful. They don't go hand in hand in the slightest. Either you're blaming her somewhat and saying she needs to be more careful or you're not blaming her at all.
They're two different things.

EVERYONE needs to be careful, be it a man going back to a houseparty and getting beaten up/robbed, a  girl going back to the house party and getting raped, same with walking down dark alleys. 

The rapist is 100% at wrong for the rape.

Hook's point was if you walked down a dark alley in a dodgy area late at night and had your phone stolen, what would the response be? You'd say you should have been more careful and not put yourself in that position. Not the guy who stole your phone is the only one who committed a crime and will hopefully be prosecuted, but the crime wouldn't have happened if you weren't there

A woman should be able to walk down Grafton St. naked, with rape me written on her back, and not expect to be raped.
Trying to compare a robbery/mugging to a rape is beyond f**king disgusting. It is downright insulting to victims of rape.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Would you say that about Manuela Riedo?

Given that you appear to be from Cork, what about say, Robert Holohan?

Would you say he was to blame for his own death?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:42am
Exactly PM.

Shedite, if you knew someone who was raped after going to a strangers hotel room, would you sit down with them and say I know it's not your fault, he's 100% to blame but you should have been more careful and not put yourself in that situation?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:47am

Exactly PM.

Shedite, if you knew someone who was raped after going to a strangers hotel room, would you sit down with them and say I know it's not your fault, he's 100% to blame but you should have been more careful and not put yourself in that situation?

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a man who was being raped, by another man, after a one night stand. Would we consider him responsible for his own safety?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Exactly PM.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a man who was being raped, by another man, after a one night stand. Would we consider him responsible for his own safety?

They'd probably scoff at the idea of a man being raped saying it should never have happened and he should have been able to defend himself or something ridiculous like that.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:16am
Erci Bristow the head of the victim support group in Runcorn said: A good kick in the bollix and a full scrotum rip move would sort out any situation. And girls for goodness sake wear a hard hat and torch when walking home at night.  

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
The reactionary right loves to talk about "personal responsibility". 

Yet in the case of rape, they often seem strangely eager to apportion blame to the victim, rather than hold the person actually responsible to account.

Hook's rant claimed to be about "personal responsibility" (the "personal responsibility" of a victim, not a criminal). Yet the reactionary right are completely blind to the idea that, as a national radio presenter, Hook himself might have had any personal responsibility to not perpetuate a 19th century misogynist worldview, which is simply wrong. In any sense of the word.

The reactionary right loves to talk about "freedom". 

Yet in this case, it's all "she shouldn't have put herself in that position", and that any "women who put themselves in danger" must accept blame should they be the victim of a horrific crime. This is quite clearly an anti-freedom view.

So it would appear to me that the reactionary right actually believe the opposite of what they preach. 

That or they just hate women.

Or both.

Edited by sid waddell - 13 Sep 2017 at 11:42am
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The reactionary right loves to talk about "personal responsibility". 

Yet in the case of rape, they often seem strangely eager to apportion blame to the victim, rather than hold the person actually responsible to account.

Hook's rant claimed to be about "personal responsibility" (the "personal responsibility" of a victim, not a criminal). Yet the reactionary right are completely blind to the idea that, as a national radio presenter, Hook himself might have had any personal responsibility to not perpetuate a 19th century misogynist worldview, which is simply wrong. In any sense of the word.

The reactionary right loves to talk about "freedom". 

Yet in this case, it's all "she shouldn't have put herself in that position", and that any "women who put themselves in danger" must accept blame should they be the victim of a horrific crime. This is quite clearly an anti-freedom view.

So it would appear to me that the reactionary right actually believe the opposite of what they preach. 

That or they just hate women.

Or both.

Agree 100% with this. 

The likes of Hook believe in freedom as long as some people are more free than others. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:57am
Spot on.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:19pm

It's amazing how the like of GF who couldn't help but try defend the comments made by Hook are now nowhere to be seen in this thread

Hook wasn't talking to the victim

He was talking to an audience

HE condemned the sucmbags at the start

He then talked about people taking precautions and been careful

As I SAID MANY TIMES I DETEST THE GUY BUT SOME OF WHAT HE SAID MAKES SENSE

We are always taught to be careful growing up, yes we live in a free world, and you can get into a car with your dunk mate whos driving, if he crashes and seriously injures you, is it you fault?  No bit could you have been a bit more careful and not got in the car ?  Yes

You sl*g me but dont answer my points, why not answer the points ive made????

What advice would you give your daughter in such a situation?

Mine would be be bring him to your room

I know nothing :-)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 12:57pm
Ok so here we go again making ridiculous comparisons between rape and drunk driving
I don't have a daughter but if I did my advise wouldn't be anything, it would instead be consoling and counselling as that's the only thing that might slightly help.

You seem to think if she had of gone to her own room she wouldn't have been raped. Like there is some sort of magical force around her room that would have prevented that from happening.  

"We are always taught to be careful growing up" we are also all taught not to rape anyone so why should it matter how careful she was or wasn't, she's not in the wrong here in the slightest and you can't seem to understand that or at least you pretend to but go back to how she could have been more careful.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:11pm

Ok so here we go again making ridiculous comparisons between rape and drunk driving
I don't have a daughter but if I did my advise wouldn't be anything, it would instead be consoling and counselling as that's the only thing that might slightly help.

You seem to think if she had of gone to her own room she wouldn't have been raped. Like there is some sort of magical force around her room that would have prevented that from happening.  

"We are always taught to be careful growing up" we are also all taught not to rape anyone so why should it matter how careful she was or wasn't, she's not in the wrong here in the slightest and you can't seem to understand that or at least you pretend to but go back to how she could have been more careful.

Spot on.
Some of the responses on this thread aren't just baffling, they are genuinely disturbing.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:32pm

bhob/PreMadonna, you're not listenting to any of our points. You're seeing us argue against your predetermined opinion and thinking that we must all think the girl is to blame.

Read the thread again

Edited by Shedite - 13 Sep 2017 at 1:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic