You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 57>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:01am
terrible team, Liam scales missed the last quarter of season, patchell excelled first half but poor second half of season back with Dundalk, four bohs players wtf, Talbot had an inconsistent season m, zero Sligo rovers players. Ah now.
Sponsored Links

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:56am
[QUOTE=SeanC]terrible team, Liam scales missed the last quarter of season, patchell excelled first half but poor second half of season back with Dundalk, four bohs players wtf, Talbot had an inconsistent season m, zero Sligo rovers players. Ah now.[/QUOTE

Edited by ripbomb - 27 Nov 2021 at 12:57am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:06am
Interesting map on LOI Central's Twitter showing the regions of the PD clubs next season.

Rovers being the most southern team.

As for Waterford, the club has been a shambles for a few years but what happened during the week and last night surely has to be rock bottom. Hard not to feel for the fans when the club is run that badly.

Again, a shame to see another regional club falling out of the PD because of how the club is run.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 9:51am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by savo01 savo01 wrote:

If Waterford lose the play-off to UCD, it will seriously affect the geography of the LOI for next season.  Shamrock Rovers in Tallaght will be the southernmost team in the country, which seems pretty amazing. Drawing a line from Tallaght to Sligo, Waterford are currently the only team from south of that line now Longford have been relegated. Of the 27 counties, there are only 6, that could become 5 hosting our top flight teams.  I appreciate Dublin is always going to have a minimum of 3 teams (all being well) in it, but it is clear more and more regional clubs are struggling.  Apart from a magical money tree, can anything be done to help them going forward?  

Like what? Waterford is a basket case club and Cork City wasn’t that far off either. They’ve only themselves to blame for the position their in. 
Obviously as a league it’s better to have a decent spread around the country but it ain’t dublins fault

I agree, but it seems that football in Cork has always been a shambles, football in Limerick has always been a shambles, football in Galway has always been a shambles, football in Waterford has been a shambles since the 80's.  It has spread to Athlone Town now too, another great footballing town in a mess.  While a lot of this can probably be laid at the feet of Delaney and his era, surely football in this country is better than continual boom and bust!  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 12:30pm
Happy Christmas to fans of all our clubs KTF.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 10:12am
What do people make of James Brown's move to Blackburn u-23's? It gets him in the door of the club which is a good thing but at 23 himself, it can't be great being stuck at that level. Realistically, he'll find it hard to break into a team going for promotion; Richie Towell's situation at Brighton comes to mind, even though he signed as a first team player.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What do people make of James Brown's move to Blackburn u-23's? It gets him in the door of the club which is a good thing but at 23 himself, it can't be great being stuck at that level. Realistically, he'll find it hard to break into a team going for promotion; Richie Towell's situation at Brighton comes to mind, even though he signed as a first team player.
He's a professional, in a career that has a very short earning period. Can't blame him for moving to get a bit of cash while he can. Might be his last move 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 3:53pm
Can't imagine the money is great when you're signed as an u-23 player. Hope it works out. I'd have thought he was nailed on for Dundalk.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 10:50am

Look, at his age, he could hardly turn it down if he wants a crack at England.

He’s good, but I’d have thought a decent League of Ireland team near top of the table would be his level. He’ll be back in Ireland after the 6 months I reckon 

As for odumoso, wasn’t surprised Bolton said no. Fair play to him giving it a go, but I think he’s pretty average and can’t see even the top clubs in Ireland looking at him 

Edited by Wheelo - 12 Jan 2022 at 10:52am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

He’s good, but I’d have thought a decent League of Ireland team near top of the table would be his level. He’ll be back in Ireland after the 6 months I reckon 

As for odumoso, wasn’t surprised Bolton said no. Fair play to him giving it a go, but I think he’s pretty average and can’t see even the top clubs in Ireland looking at him 
Would agree there. Saw him a few times and I wouldn't say he ever really stood out. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Would agree there. Saw him a few times and I wouldn't say he ever really stood out. 

He stands out for me - for the wrong reasons!! I think he's awful!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 8:38am

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

He stands out for me - for the wrong reasons!! I think he's awful!

Pats linked with him now, looking at what your saying I hope it's as number 2
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:27pm
Mahon, Devoy & Mullins to add to the departures list. Some amount of talent leaving the league. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:23am

Mahon, Devoy & Mullins to add to the departures list. Some amount of talent leaving the league. 

This may sound mad, but in a weird way  it's nice to see these young lads actually playing in the league first and not going over to England before they're an adult.

For me, that's some sort of progress whether it's as a result of brexit or not 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:39am

This may sound mad, but in a weird way  it's nice to see these young lads actually playing in the league first and not going over to England before they're an adult.

For me, that's some sort of progress whether it's as a result of brexit or not 
Ah it is of course, just the league as a whole will be weaker than last season, Drogs Sligo & Bohs significantly so, all 3 the most prominent in bringing through young lads. 

Yurt View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 6:14pm
Where has Mullins gone? I haven't seen anything in the news about him?
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 5:13pm
Interesting times. If these players moving over can make a good impact that will defo strengthen the transfer prices. Individually some will, some will not - Scales, Tierney, Cleary, Mahon involved in first team action straight away. That’s a great sign if they can also impact team performances positively. As a league if we able to generate & sell players at good transfer prices that will strengthen our league big time - Making LoI clubs viable & more robust financially. Get a positive name around our league at sun international level, lift overall standards. Let players see it as an option to develop rather than signing for u-23 teams etc. Exciting times and I think having a (hopefully) successful Kenny as senior manager further promoted “our” soccer & identity.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Yurt Yurt wrote:

Where has Mullins gone? I haven't seen anything in the news about him?
Strongly linked with Brighton. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 57>
  Share Topic