You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:52am
Bohs -> Ireland -> Liverpool

Id rather see bohs win a corner than Liverpool win the champions League though..

Still amazed by the amount of Ireland fans who don't support LOI. How can they not see the link between our poor national team and pumping money into a foreign league.....
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Snowie Snowie wrote:

Id rather see bohs win a corner than Liverpool win the champions League though..

Still amazed by the amount of Ireland fans who don't support LOI. How can they not see the link between our poor national team and pumping money into a foreign league.....
A lot of Irish fans don't have a geographical link to a club, plenty of Irish fans living in Kerry, Clare, Mayo etc with no link to a loi club. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

The keeper's positioning was disgraceful LOL

Good save to win the shootout though.

How? He was inside his 6 yard box. It looked every bit like it was going to be pumped up to the group of 7/8 Athlone lads making the run like it is 99.9% of the time. Nobody anticipated a shot being taken from the other half, let a lone getting one on target.

He ends up in his 6 yard box. As he comes in to view he's back-pedaling from around the peno spot. He has no reason to be out that far because the Athlone players are never going to reach inside the box before the expected long-ball gets there.

His team had just gone 4-3 up. It's a brutal mistake. Great quality from McAuley though.

EDIT - There's a video on Twitter from behind the goal showing where he started.

Edited by The Huntacha - 24 Jul 2021 at 8:53am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

How do fans of LOI clubs and fans of football in general consider their allegiances to ? For me it comes down to, which of the teams you support gives me the most euphoria when they win an important game ? My order is the ROI team, SRFC and CFC. If I was to use a different benchmark and go by which team ruins your day when they loose, it would be SRFC, ROI, CFC...

Ireland - Bohs - Arsenal.

A younger me probably would have had it Ireland - Arsenal - Bohs.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:49am
Cork City-Ireland-QPR They're my teams since I was a kid.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:02pm
 https://twitter.com/a_words_4/status/1418853536843157509?s=21

Another belter from the Athlone Waterford game LOL
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Snowie Snowie wrote:

A lot of Irish fans don't have a geographical link to a club, plenty of Irish fans living in Kerry, Clare, Mayo etc with no link to a loi club. 

A Person from any part of Ireland who lives here has no Geographical link to any British Club LOL.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:57pm
jaysus that oul chestnut, I know bohs fans from Mayo Offaly Meath and Kildare , no connection to D7 at all.
No Pasaran!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 3:12pm
I follow the LOI but I dont support any particular team. I've mates who are Shels fans, Bohs fans, Rovers fans, Pats fans etc and I'd head to a mix of games around the country throughout the season.

..and no, I'm not "Tom" LOL
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I follow the LOI but I dont support any particular team. I've mates who are Shels fans, Bohs fans, Rovers fans, Pats fans etc and I'd head to a mix of games around the country throughout the season.

..and no, I'm not "Tom" LOL

The next Tom maybe….
No Pasaran!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:51pm
see drogs assistant manager giving it socks today after they were cheated by that incompetent t**ser of a ref up in Derry, real rant he’ll get roasted by the FAI and the other fool will be back out reffing next week, awful.
No Pasaran!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 12:04am
Ireland - Sligo Rovers - LOI - Premier League/La Liga/Serie A/The World in no particular order. Ireland trumps everything. 

Edited by doherty - 25 Jul 2021 at 12:04am
I love beer gardens
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:06am
Same  Ireland first up then Galway and the Clarets 3rd
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Snowie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 9:44am
there's a Kilkenny bohs fan too
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 10:39am
Finn Harps----Ireland-----Southampton
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 11:05am
gufc Ireland and Qpr
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 1:46pm
Ireland, Inter Miami FC, Harlem Globetrotters 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 4:17pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
  Share Topic