Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 57>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 3:53pm
great to see Rovers, Sligo and Pats doing well in Europe. But I hope other clubs don't go mad chasing the dream by signing  over the top players and paying huge wages. 
alive and kicking
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:02pm
That was a fun game tonight - had it all, own goal, penalties and plenty of cards including a red.4-4 on a Monday night down by the tolka....Great entertainment 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:44am
Yeah it was a great game of ball. All defending went out the window after about 10 mins. 8 goals, 3 sendings off, 3 penos, 3 disallowed goals, multiple bookings - it had everything Clap
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 12:38pm
Bonkers game. Pats were atrocious at the back. Gifted shels chances and goals.

The pats second offside goal was the wrong decision.

Still, 1-0,2-1, 4-2 down and to nearly win the game from the free kick late on was mad.

Shels are nothing if not dogged.

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 1:20pm
Yeah you can never fault the effort of the players each week. They run themselves in to the ground. They clearly buy in to what Duffer is saying and play for him
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 9:11am
Some of the defending from Pats was like something you'd expect from a lower FD team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 12:07pm
hugely entertaining yesterday, really good game.
No Pasaran!
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 3:03pm
[QUOTE=oldbilly]hugely entertaining yesterday, really good game.[/QUOTE

Have to agree, particularily when you throw the weather into the equasion . Entertaining all right. 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:37pm
Interesting debate about what LOI is compared with the English league Fter the Rotherham manager said it was comparable with non-league level. If you were to pick up Shamrock Rovers and drop them in England as an example, what league do you reckon the play in? I'm thinking they would be a top end league two / bottom end L1 team at best. 
But given the rest of the league  not up to the same standards then the Rotherhams manager comments that it's like non league level here are not really wide of the mark, i.e. Conference level

Edited by t_rAndy - 18 Oct 2022 at 11:38pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Interesting debate about what LOI is compared with the English league Fter the Rotherham manager said it was comparable with non-league level. If you were to pick up Shamrock Rovers and drop them in England as an example, what league do you reckon the play in? I'm thinking they would be a top end league two / bottom end L1 team at best. 
But given the rest of the league  not up to the same standards then the Rotherhams manager comments that it's like non league level here are not really wide of the mark, i.e. Conference level
Yawn...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yawn...

agreed. Been a long time since I watched a League 2 game but seem to remember the ball being allergic to being on the ground. Also couldn't see any League 1 or lower clubs beating European competition which LOI clubs do most years. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 3:04pm
It's impossible to equate really, and pointless. both leagues exist for their own reasons. The worst thing the LOI has going for it is it's proximity to England IMO.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's impossible to equate really, and pointless. both leagues exist for their own reasons. The worst thing the LOI has going for it is it's proximity to England IMO.

Agree its impossible to say. I would imagine that the Rotherham manager know sweet fook all about the league here in general tho to be making those lazy assumptions. He didn't sign Georgie i dont think. Guy before him wasnt it. 
I love beer gardens
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 5:46am

Absolutely. Whatever about the quality of player/teams, the only comparison that should be made is facilities and how we can bring ours to a L2 standard for now.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 1:36pm
PFAI transfer list out today, 
Bren Clarke & Darragh Leahy probably the 2 biggest names on it. 
Both Drogs keepers released, Levingston & Ryan let go by Bohs. Finn Harps & Bray released 6 or 7 each. 

Edited by 9fingers - 14 Nov 2022 at 1:40pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 11:49am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Both Drogs keepers released, Levingston & Ryan let go by Bohs. Finn Harps & Bray released 6 or 7 each. 

About as much use as it is every year - next to none! Always interesting to see though, probably means less for smaller clubs as players won't be wrapped up for a while yet 

Edited by nvidic - 15 Nov 2022 at 11:50am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 1:25pm

How does one get on the transfer list? Is it just players out of contract or are teams actively putting their players on it?

Of the Cork City players on it....
- Mark O'Mahony - U19 internationl that got a hattrick v Gibraltar a few months ago. Doubt he's not wanted at Cork City.
 - Srbely - he was a Canadian lad on loan at Cork City, I presume it's Tampa Bay would have to put him on the transfer list
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 1:35pm

How does one get on the transfer list? Is it just players out of contract or are teams actively putting their players on it?

Of the Cork City players on it....
- Mark O'Mahony - U19 internationl that got a hattrick v Gibraltar a few months ago. Doubt he's not wanted at Cork City.
 - Srbely - he was a Canadian lad on loan at Cork City, I presume it's Tampa Bay would have to put him on the transfer list

Players ask to be put on it afaik
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 57>
  Share Topic