Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General league of Ireland chat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 58>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 2:25pm
Think they would get themselves a crest that doesn't look like finn harps.
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What would be stadium?

Definitely will need deep pockets to make it a success but I think everyone in the country will be hoping they succeed. 

Mounthawk Park, John O Regan (former chairman) was an avid Delaneyite, and received plenty of funding in return for positive spin 
JasonmCork View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonmCork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 4:14pm
Which league will they start in? Fantastic news!
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What would be stadium?

Definitely will need deep pockets to make it a success but I think everyone in the country will be hoping they succeed. 

Mounthawk Park, John O Regan (former chairman) was an avid Delaneyite, and received plenty of funding in return for positive spin 

How he survived is beyond me, backed Delaney to the hilt even after everything came out. But not surprising since the same model has been in place for years.

There's a good appetite for it here though, I reckon they'll be well supported for the home games.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 6:16am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 6:01pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 9:49am
So good to see the whole league of Ireland community (Players, fans, refs, journos) getting behind the fundraiser being organised to support the charities supporting young Josh Bradley and his family.
For all that there is plenty wrong with the country, I think we as a nation are incredibly generous and supportive when it's needed. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 11:08am
Yeah looks like to whole rovers team will have shaved heads* for Tuesday game 

*not full baldies more buzz cut type it seems.

Bradley looks much younger with his cut.

Anyway great cause and fair play to everyone getting involved. Hopefully the kid gets better soon

Edited by t_rAndy - 15 Jul 2022 at 11:08am
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 12:22pm
best of luck to the little fella, great to see a lot of support for this, I’m sure every da in the country is rooting for the Bradleys.

No Pasaran!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:29am
Even with our teams doing really well in Europe this year there has been hardly any real coverage in the media. Especially radio. I was listening to Off the Ball last night and no coverage atal as far as i could hear. I didn't get the whole programme. On the news round the very last story and it was squeezed in was that Jack Byrne was 50/50 for tonights game. But yet they spend 10 minutes talking about tweets on PL players. Fooking drives me mad. I honestly don't know how we will ever have a thriving league here. 
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:52am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Even with our teams doing really well in Europe this year there has been hardly any real coverage in the media. Especially radio. I was listening to Off the Ball last night and no coverage atal as far as i could hear. I didn't get the whole programme. On the news round the very last story and it was squeezed in was that Jack Byrne was 50/50 for tonights game. But yet they spend 10 minutes talking about tweets on PL players. Fooking drives me mad. I honestly don't know how we will ever have a thriving league here. 

Disappointing to hear that.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Disappointing to hear that.
Same as it ever was....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:19am
 I think Off The Ball do good coverage for the League myself the Phone In show on Twitter on Friday after games is a decent listen and they below link is a 20 mins Interview with probably one of the league's most famous Supporter.

Edited by irelandfan - 04 Aug 2022 at 11:20am
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:05pm
Strange that RTE are ahowing Pats game away to Sofia instead of Rovers game in Tallaght. Must be cheaper 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Strange that RTE are ahowing Pats game away to Sofia instead of Rovers game in Tallaght. Must be cheaper 
Or Bulgarian TV paid for the rights.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 3:07pm
Pats game on the sh1ty news now channel. They could still have shown the Shams game on RTE2. Why not. Sligo Rovers game on LOI TV. The usual mullarky. They may begrudgingly show a game or two to keep the minnions happy. 
I love beer gardens
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:02pm

OTB AM do a decent level of coverage most weeks. There has been plenty of it over the European fixtures. Sligo's Tommy Gorman was on today's episode for about 40 minutes.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 1:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 58>
  Share Topic