Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gazza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:11am
Had never seen this footage before. Strange behaviour. 
From reading the comments below it see that this match was billed as two of England's best young talents facing each other and Paul Lake was getting the better of Gazza that day
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:36am
Jaysus he would be off for the big ears reference and banned these days. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They'd be taking a knee for the next two years to stand in solidarity with people with big ears

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 1:16pm
The most overrated player in history.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2022 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They'd be taking a knee for the next two years to stand in solidarity with people with big ears

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 4:30pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2024 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

He looks dreadful in that photo I'm surprised he's still alive.

He would look a lot better right now if he didn't get all that plastic surgery. It rarely makes anyone look better.
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:27am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

The most overrated player in history.

Nonsense, he had the ability to be the best midfielder in the world of the ninties . He was a much more reliable player than Zidane and actually defended .

Zidane is the most overrated player in history . He excelled at international level but for a no 10 he scored very few goals and didn't have many assists.

Matheus and Platini were are far better players and their stats will show you that.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:30am
Good ability, had potential but never realised it for various reasons.  Mentally not the full shilling, out of shape, surrounded by friends and family who were wasters etc...
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Good ability, had potential but never realised it for various reasons.  Mentally not the full shilling, out of shape, surrounded by friends and family who were wasters etc...

I would say he had more than good ability . He was more technically gifted than any England player playing today, and England have some of the most technically gifted players in world football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:02am
Originally posted by nirvana2024 nirvana2024 wrote:

I would say he had more than good ability . He was more technically gifted than any England player playing today, and England have some of the most technically gifted players in world football.

Italia 90 was his peak.  Never hit those highs again.
Injured himself numerous times through his own stupidity/temperament while at Spurs/LAzio post 1990
Euro 96 will be remembered for that goal.  What else did he do?

He sold his career short going to Rangers in 1995.  He became a big fish in a sh*te small pond for a couple of years.  He should have gone back to England in 1995. Whatever about rangers his career was well and truly over once he left there.

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:05am

Nah he was outrageously gifted. Go back and look at some of his play online. Agree he didnt fulfil his true potential but there was nobody could touch him when he was in his day i reckon. 
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:15am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Nah he was outrageously gifted. Go back and look at some of his play online. Agree he didnt fulfil his true potential but there was nobody could touch him when he was in his day i reckon. 

I know his game. Outrgeously gifted? Debatable.  He could driblle past players and see a pass. Pogba was gifted and was a waster.   Gazza had ability but had neither the temperament or intelligence to last.  His peak years were 88-91. Apart from that little spell 95/96 his career was a disaster due to stupidity,poor diet, poor influence of his parents and friends such as Jimmy Five Belllies.

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:17am

Italia 90 was his peak.  Never hit those highs again.
Injured himself numerous times through his own stupidity/temperament while at Spurs/LAzio post 1990
Euro 96 will be remembered for that goal.  What else did he do?

He sold his career short going to Rangers in 1995.  He became a big fish in a sh*te small pond for a couple of years.  He should have gone back to England in 1995. Whatever about rangers his career was well and truly over once he left there.

That England team of euro 96 was way overrated . They had three players at most in gazza, ince and shearer who could have played for the top teams in world football .

They beat the dutch 4-1 but they got lucky. The dutch miss all their chance and england scored the few they created . the dutch dominated the game and should have beaten them .

It was a really strange . They got played off the park by Spain and a corrupt referee disallowed two legitimate goals . They should have been out .

England back then were over hyped and were technically miles behind the the top nations .

The wheel has turned a full circle and their now producing the most technically gifted players in world football .

Players such as kane , madison, foden, mainoo, wharton, mcactee, rico lewis, palmer, gray, braithwaite, quansah, colwill etc are the cream of the crop .

Unfortunately for England they have an absolute clown in charge . Other wise they walk the euro's this summer.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:27am

I know his game. Outrgeously gifted? Debatable.  He could driblle past players and see a pass. Pogba was gifted and was a waster.   Gazza had ability but had neither the temperament or intelligence to last.  His peak years were 88-91. Apart from that little spell 95/96 his career was a disaster due to stupidity,poor diet, poor influence of his parents and friends such as Jimmy Five Belllies.

To say that gazza wasn't outrgeously is ridiculous . He scored a ridiculos goal in serie a where he beat
4 or 5 players in a ridiculously tight space . I don't think any England player would be capable of that goal with the ball and pitches at that time .

He also scored a similar goal in a friendly against maradona . Maradona believed he could go on to his successor .

There is no midfielder playing today with his skillset or vision . I don't think its even close.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:28am

To say that Gazza wasn't outrageously is ridiculous . He scored a ridiculous goal in serie a where he beat 4 or 5 players in a ridiculously tight space . I don't think any England player today would be capable of that goal with the ball and pitches at that time .

He also scored a similar goal in a friendly against maradona . Maradona believed he could go on to his successor .

There is no midfielder playing today with his skillset or vision . I don't think its even close.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:30am

To say that gazza wasn't outrgeously is ridiculous . He scored a ridiculos goal in serie a where he beat
4 or 5 players in a ridiculously tight space . I don't think any England player would be capable of that goal with the ball and pitches at that time .

All well and good having potential but he wasted his career and only showed glimpses of his potential.  His time at Lazio was a disaster from start to finish

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 1:53am

All well and good having potential but he wasted his career and only showed glimpses of his potential.  His time at Lazio was a disaster from start to finish

I agree he wasted his career but I don't think you can question his talent .

I don't think any of the england players are near him .

He had very unique traits for an England midfielder . Great upper body strength, great burst of pace, really quick feet, great balance , vision , passing range, two footed , he could really finish when he got through on goal .

I think foden and maddison have centre traits of him both are still a long way off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic