You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gazza

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gazza
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:24am
They were just saying in a paper review on local radio here that Gazza is on the brink and killing himself again on the booze once again.

Its on the front  page of the Sun so it must be true. Embarrassed

Edited by Drumaville - 02 Feb 2013 at 9:24am
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
Sponsored Links

HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:43am
So not Israel /palestine .....I,ll get my coat
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 9:44am
Always liked Gazza,top maverick but one which oozed talent
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 10:30am
It was all over FB the other nite that a Q&A with Gazza in some club in the north of England was ended after 15mins as he was speaking incoherently due to be being wasted

Sad Sad stuff , how he was never managed properly disgusts me

Edited by tonyjaa - 02 Feb 2013 at 10:31am
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:03pm
People have to take responsibility and manage themselves in life.

Gazza is a grade A twat who underachieved in his career and is massively overrated imho.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

It was all over FB the other nite that a Q&A with Gazza in some club in the north of England was ended after 15mins as he was speaking incoherently due to be being wasted

You should read what fergie wrote about him. it was very interesting. he tried to sign him in the 80s and he reckoned he d have gotten him on the straight and narrow, improved his lifestyle and off the drink if he played for united. he probably would have and all
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:14pm
He is one of the very few ex Rangers/Newcastle players i actually liked well possibly more pitied, don't get me wrong i think his antics to Celtic fans was a disgrace and he righlty so got a backlash but thats for a different day.

There is only way this is going to end, he has been to rehab way to many times! He'll end up dead in a year or two watch this space!  I hope it doesn't happen and he finally gets cured but i can't see it happening.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:34pm
If he does pass away, may I be the first to say I hope I inherit his daughters boobs
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

You should read what fergie wrote about him. it was very interesting. he tried to sign him in the 80s and he reckoned he d have gotten him on the straight and narrow, improved his lifestyle and off the drink if he played for united. he probably would have and all

It's very easy for Fergie to say he could have saved him but I don't agree with it. He didn't exactly get Paul McGrath on the path to redemption around the same era. Years later he reflected a different approach might have worked. Hindsight is a great thing.

Would he have really set him on the straight and narrow? I doubt it. He has a problem that is much more serious than anything on a football pitch. Walter Smith would have been no pushover back in his first spell over Rangers. There's a quote in Gazza's book from him. Gascoigne referred to him as a father figure, Smith said he'd never hit his own children, but he'd often wanted to hit Gazza on ocassion.

Graham Taylor or McGrath, not sure which one, said as much in Back From The Brink, that it was wishful thinking that Paul would have stayed healthy had Taylor not taken the England job.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:21am

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/paul-gascoigne-charity-gig-like-being-at-funeral-1-2772929

sad stuff

as u were saying about his mental state , ive read the autobiographies (gazzas is feckin hilarious , his italy stories are legendary)Fergie wouldve ironed him out.

I will be typically vilified for this but Glasgow Rangers managed him so fecking badly , buying him a lodge on loch lomond were he drank himself to sleep most nights whilst playing up to his party persona in the media, bastas the lotta them.

I fecking liked gascoigne man, central midfield dribblers are hard to come by in the modern game.

Edited by tonyjaa - 03 Feb 2013 at 1:22am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:31am
weird how he looks so thin and old. Looks about 65.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:36am
Being so thin is a sign of a bad illness

not good
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

It's very easy for Fergie to say he could have saved him but I don't agree with it. He didn't exactly get Paul McGrath on the path to redemption around the same era. Years later he reflected a different approach might have worked. Hindsight is a great thing.

Would he have really set him on the straight and narrow? I doubt it. He has a problem that is much more serious than anything on a football pitch. Walter Smith would have been no pushover back in his first spell over Rangers. There's a quote in Gazza's book from him. Gascoigne referred to him as a father figure, Smith said he'd never hit his own children, but he'd often wanted to hit Gazza on ocassion.

Graham Taylor or McGrath, not sure which one, said as much in Back From The Brink, that it was wishful thinking that Paul would have stayed healthy had Taylor not taken the England job.

With respect Del Piero you re being unfair to fergie in regards to McGrath.There's more to it than that. As far as I remember he wrote that He completely got rid of the drink culture at united that was accepted under Atkinson.McGrath, Whiteside and Robson were drinking too much and he needed to break trinity up. According to that article below it was for football reasons as fergie couldnt rely on their fitness. fergie in his autobiography i think wrote how he inherited this heavy drink culture at united and it was best for whiteside and mcgrath to move on whether it was their fitness or lifestyle. Fergie said how McGrath needed the change of scenery.
If fergie brought in gazza, it'd be his player and therefore i think he'd have handled him better and maybe would ve been a success. Fergie handled volatile fellas like Cantona and Keano so i think he probably would ve been successful with gazza. He's one of the best man managers there ever was

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8870801/Sir-Alex-Fergusons-sale-of-Paul-McGrath-and-Norman-Whiteside-kickstarted-Manchester-United-revolution.html
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
brissy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 4:24am
Hope Gazza is ok,any addiction to over come is hard work and i dont think he has much will power (to say the least) just read a post above about fergie talking sh*te,he didnt do any thing for  paul mcgrath apart from damage his confidence.Paul Mcgrath seemed to have genuine problems gazza just seems like a clown who likes attention dont think Paul was in to drugs  
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:41am
This is very sad and he looks wretched. Treatment doesn't seem to have helped him. The best English midfielder by a mile in the past 25 years. I hope something or someone intervenes and saves him.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 12:23pm
The Sun have a video of that very night i was referring to, he is worse then i thought - pretty upsetting viewing

as u all know i will never post a link to the sun on ybig or anywhere for that matter
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 12:27pm
sad to see this, but there's plenty of people who will be cringing with shame with the way they milked gazza when he was playing. from the time he left newcastle he associated with people both socially and professionally that have contributed to his present state. I wish him well
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 2:03pm

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

With respect Del Piero you re being unfair to fergie in regards to McGrath.There's more to it than that. As far as I remember he wrote that He completely got rid of the drink culture at united that was accepted under Atkinson.McGrath, Whiteside and Robson were drinking too much and he needed to break trinity up. According to that article below it was for football reasons as fergie couldnt rely on their fitness. fergie in his autobiography i think wrote how he inherited this heavy drink culture at united and it was best for whiteside and mcgrath to move on whether it was their fitness or lifestyle. Fergie said how McGrath needed the change of scenery.
If fergie brought in gazza, it'd be his player and therefore i think he'd have handled him better and maybe would ve been a success. Fergie handled volatile fellas like Cantona and Keano so i think he probably would ve been successful with gazza. He's one of the best man managers there ever was

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8870801/Sir-Alex-Fergusons-sale-of-Paul-McGrath-and-Norman-Whiteside-kickstarted-Manchester-United-revolution.html
http://www.ybig.ie/forum/new_reply_form.asp?Quote=1&PID=1128707&PN=1&TR=17

OK, I realise it was unfair the way I referenced McGrath and Fergie. However, I still think its wishful thinking he would have made a difference.

He is one of the great man managers of course. I'm not debating that. But he's not God, every piece of copper he touches doesn't turn to gold when it comes to this. For example Ravel Morrison had his off-field problems didn't he?

Keane and Cantona, examples you mentioned, are very different cases to Gazza to be fair. Yes they were volatile, but compare and contrast the off-field problems these players had. Are they as extreme as Gazza?

He referred to Smith as a father figure, still went off the rails. He also worked with Venables, noted for his man-management skills if not his tactical genius. Still behaved the way he did. What I'm saying is that for all the man management skills managers have, I don't think they could have saved him really. Cry

It is a shame cause he was bloody excellent footballer. Rangers had a great side that won them 8 and 9 in a row, Laudrup and Gazza were the driving force behind those sides and some of the stuff they played was sublime.

Some players have been lucky to defeat their demons, but Gazza isn't one of them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic