You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gay Marriage - How will you vote?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 61>
Poll Question: How will you vote
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
140 [74.07%]
49 [25.93%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Really didnt expect that at all...

Perhaps it's an indication that there are considerably more shirtlifters on this forum than one would have imagined
Shocked
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:34pm
I think its trendy to be gay at the moment, I know people who are in same sex relationships at the moment who are not gay but are in it for the attention. We are all familiar with drinking trends and the pub trade but I would say the chambers gay bar in cork is one of the busiest pubs in the city, and yes I was in there on a staff night out with work. I have no problem with same sex marriages just gay seems to be fashionable at the moment. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:41pm
Are you saying that lads are taking it up the ass just for fashion.  Jaysus.  Confused
AKA pedantic kunt
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Are you saying that lads are taking it up the ass just for fashion.  Jaysus.  Confused

LOLLOLLOL
Whacha gonna do
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:50pm
A radio poll last week claimed that 79 percent of people were pro gay marriage. But thats just because they got asked the question by somebody doing the survey.

The majority probably dont give a f**k. They'll not be too upset with either outcome.

I myself really dont care. Im not against it but not arsed to even read, listen to or hear any debate. (i see the irony of me engaiging in this topic).

Can there be those who just dont care category, or is everyone either you pro or anti ?

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:53pm
Should we only vote on issues that directly affect us though.  Surely it is a human rights issue.  Why should a person who loves another person not have the ability to get married and have all the things that go with marriage, property rights, inheritance etc which are the main reasons why marriage has been adopted as a mechanism for sustaining a civil society.  
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by athlonecelt athlonecelt wrote:

A radio poll last week claimed that 79 percent of people were pro gay marriage. But thats just because they got asked the question by somebody doing the survey.

The majority probably dont give a f**k. They'll not be too upset with either outcome.

I myself really dont care. Im not against it but not arsed to even read, listen to or hear any debate. (i see the irony of me engaiging in this topic).

Can there be those who just dont care category, or is everyone either you pro or anti ?

are ya sure you're right here? because the consitutional referendum group came back last week with 79% approving a referendum, would be remarkably coincidental if both happen at same time with same percentage
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:05pm

Should we only vote on issues that directly affect us though.  Surely it is a human rights issue.  Why should a person who loves another person not have the ability to get married and have all the things that go with marriage, property rights, inheritance etc which are the main reasons why marriage has been adopted as a mechanism for sustaining a civil society.  

when i was younger i wanted to marry my true love farah fawcett major and inherit her property rights etc
I know nothing :-)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:10pm
How will you vote?

In a pink tie and rainbow pair of pant
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:06pm

No we should vote on issues that dont directly affect us. But this one just doesnt stirr up any emotion in me at all. I wont be voting. Selfish I suppose, sher why not let them get married, they are entitled to be as miserable as the rest of us.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

are ya sure you're right here? because the consitutional referendum group came back last week with 79% approving a referendum, would be remarkably coincidental if both happen at same time with same percentage

To be honest, you could be right there. I cant be sure. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:19pm

No we should vote on issues that dont directly affect us. But this one just doesnt stirr up any emotion in me at all. I wont be voting. Selfish I suppose, sher why not let them get married, they are entitled to be as miserable as the rest of us.

I agree but your liberal vote should be used to counteract a person who his strongly against otherwise it is just the people who feel strongly against it that may beat the silent majority in the vote.  

Gay people need liberal people like yourself or myself to vote for this as they only make up 3 per cent of the population according to stats quoted above.  
AKA pedantic kunt
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I think its trendy to be gay at the moment, I know people who are in same sex relationships at the moment who are not gay but are in it for the attention. We are all familiar with drinking trends and the pub trade but I would say the chambers gay bar in cork is one of the busiest pubs in the city, and yes I was in there on a staff night out with work. I have no problem with same sex marriages just gay seems to be fashionable at the moment. 

Scarily I don't think you are on a fishing trip here...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:35pm

Come off it. Lads going out with other lads to be cool or fashionable Confused

How do you know these lads are just doing it for the attention?

Id vote yes myself. Dont see why they shouldnt have the same right to be happy as the rest of us
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:37pm
Country is very slow to change anything it will become a very progressive country when the 30 something generation hit oap age cause everyone behind them will be far more liberal and not as brainwashed by the church, divorce barely made it through a second referendum until then it will be a battle to get anything like getting gay marriage passed, I am interested to see people here not keen on gay adoption for what reasons? Seems a no brainier to me, the amount of scum knocking out kids these days for money reasons
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:44pm

Can picture this mong in the bent over the toilet in George doing an Annabel Chong
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

Country is very slow to change anything it will become a very progressive country when the 30 something generation hit oap age cause everyone behind them will be far more liberal and not as brainwashed by the church, divorce barely made it through a second referendum until then it will be a battle to get anything like getting gay marriage passed, I am interested to see people here not keen on gay adoption for what reasons? Seems a no brainier to me, the amount of scum knocking out kids these days for money reasons

Reasons for adoption I'm sure some people would give is the sl*gging a child would get at school.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 5:55pm

Surely if you want to be trendy it's a lot easier to get a nice pair of shoes, or maybe put some nifty turn ups in your jeans than to get into a sexual relationship with someone for whom you have no sexual feelings? I mean I'd like to be in with the in crowd as much as anyone else, but I'm not gonna suck some lad's lad to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 61>
  Share Topic